I am an enthusiast on a budget trying to build my first home theater setup. I was earlier using a Logitech Z5500 and currently own Logitech Z623. I recently purchased a LG C8 55" OLED TV, while I already own an Xbox One X. Hence the itch to get a full fledged home theater has started since few weeks (while I have already spent the quota I reserved for my AV satiation). Hence used, unboxed or predecessor liquidation products is the way I may achieve it for now.
I am amidst talks with few sellers and have narrowed my pursuit to purchase a Yamaha RX-V 683 in 7-10 days, but waiting as I am amidst conversation with another seller selling his Marantz SR-6012, so it will either be 7.2 Yamaha or 9.2 Marantz. Both support Dolby Atmos with native 4K HDR streaming with HDCP 2.2 support. (I may be sourcing a Denon X6500 from US as my uncle will be returning from Dallas, Tx in few months).
Alternatively, I am looking to purchase good speakers and sub-woofers to pair with it. I do not have a crazy budget to spend on speakers, so I may go one step at a time, progressing eventually to the Atmos setup, which I wish to have. I intend to stay south of 30-50k for what I may initially spend on speakers/subs. May get 5.1 initially, and then source Atmos speakers and another sub as pocket allows me. The products shouldn't be too aged or tarnished where they're almost dying. (I am certain that I can expect honesty, ample knowledge and right guidance from fellow members, unlike OLX or elsewhere)
Do help me with suggestions and let me know if you are liquidating your quality stuff which is in good running condition which may help a fellow member build his first home theater setup!
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.