• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Speakers and sub needed for 5.2.2 or 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos Setup

Wharfedale EVO4.1 Bookshelf Speakers

vicky_crispy

Hi Guys,

I am an enthusiast on a budget trying to build my first home theater setup. I was earlier using a Logitech Z5500 and currently own Logitech Z623. I recently purchased a LG C8 55" OLED TV, while I already own an Xbox One X. Hence the itch to get a full fledged home theater has started since few weeks (while I have already spent the quota I reserved for my AV satiation). Hence used, unboxed or predecessor liquidation products is the way I may achieve it for now.

I am amidst talks with few sellers and have narrowed my pursuit to purchase a Yamaha RX-V 683 in 7-10 days, but waiting as I am amidst conversation with another seller selling his Marantz SR-6012, so it will either be 7.2 Yamaha or 9.2 Marantz. Both support Dolby Atmos with native 4K HDR streaming with HDCP 2.2 support. (I may be sourcing a Denon X6500 from US as my uncle will be returning from Dallas, Tx in few months).

Alternatively, I am looking to purchase good speakers and sub-woofers to pair with it. I do not have a crazy budget to spend on speakers, so I may go one step at a time, progressing eventually to the Atmos setup, which I wish to have. I intend to stay south of 30-50k for what I may initially spend on speakers/subs. May get 5.1 initially, and then source Atmos speakers and another sub as pocket allows me. The products shouldn't be too aged or tarnished where they're almost dying. (I am certain that I can expect honesty, ample knowledge and right guidance from fellow members, unlike OLX or elsewhere)

Do help me with suggestions and let me know if you are liquidating your quality stuff which is in good running condition which may help a fellow member build his first home theater setup!

Thanks,
Vicky (Delhi-NCR)

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

efernand1

Hi Guys,

I am an enthusiast on a budget trying to build my first home theater setup. I was earlier using a Logitech Z5500 and currently own Logitech Z623. I recently purchased a LG C8 55" OLED TV, while I already own an Xbox One X. Hence the itch to get a full fledged home theater has started since few weeks (while I have already spent the quota I reserved for my AV satiation). Hence used, unboxed or predecessor liquidation products is the way I may achieve it for now.

I am amidst talks with few sellers and have narrowed my pursuit to purchase a Yamaha RX-V 683 in 7-10 days, but waiting as I am amidst conversation with another seller selling his Marantz SR-6012, so it will either be 7.2 Yamaha or 9.2 Marantz. Both support Dolby Atmos with native 4K HDR streaming with HDCP 2.2 support. (I may be sourcing a Denon X6500 from US as my uncle will be returning from Dallas, Tx in few months).

Alternatively, I am looking to purchase good speakers and sub-woofers to pair with it. I do not have a crazy budget to spend on speakers, so I may go one step at a time, progressing eventually to the Atmos setup, which I wish to have. I intend to stay south of 30-50k for what I may initially spend on speakers/subs. May get 5.1 initially, and then source Atmos speakers and another sub as pocket allows me. The products shouldn't be too aged or tarnished where they're almost dying. (I am certain that I can expect honesty, ample knowledge and right guidance from fellow members, unlike OLX or elsewhere)

Do help me with suggestions and let me know if you are liquidating your quality stuff which is in good running condition which may help a fellow member build his first home theater setup!

Thanks,
Vicky (Delhi-NCR)

Suggest you see the classified section of this site...there were a couple of ads for speakers and AVR......

Budget speakers would be Taga 5.0 set available on HiFi Mart.......rest you can add as and when budget permits or if you have with you.....

For atmos speakers, good ceiling speakers from Taga or Boston Acoustics should work well.

vicky_crispy

Suggest you see the classified section of this site...there were a couple of ads for speakers and AVR......

Budget speakers would be Taga 5.0 set available on HiFi Mart.......rest you can add as and when budget permits or if you have with you.....

For atmos speakers, good ceiling speakers from Taga or Boston Acoustics should work well.

Hi Fernand,

I appreciate your inputs!

I am looking at ads on HiFi-vision classifieds, on OLX and interacted with some Delhi-NCR AV dealers too. One of them suggested Taga Harmony too, and shared a good word about Monitor Audio Bronze 6 too. Said these will be great budget speakers to begin with, and he may offer great prices.

I am still considering used speakers since I don't wish to spend amount equivalent to what I am spending on AVR (₹30-33k). I may spend probably 25k for now, and that makes scoring 5 good speakers with 1 equally good sub a challenge for me somehow.

I have an offer for Energy Classic 5.1 which the seller is ready to give for ₹13000/- with step down converter as these are 110 volts (US model). Now this is a decade+ old model AFAIK, but probably good. (Seller was using these in a 5.1.2 setup himself. Selling to upgrade. Invited for a demo too as he is from Delhi-NCR).

I am still exploring the best possible solution, which may prevail and suffice the need for first 6 months at least, probably more. Wherein I may add 2 speakers and 1 sub further to complete the Dolby Atmos setup.

People have sent messages about their speakers & subs which they are selling. I will have to see how to buy individually to get it all under 25k somehow. Seems like a tough cookie right now, but I guess patience is the key. Members may guide me in right direction, even if I may/may not be able to buy within the community.

Thanks once again!

vicky_crispy

I had matching centre speaker monitor audio gold signature gs lcr. In case you purchase gs10.
Hi Vikas,

Monitor GS10 are great speakers, but may not sell under the budget I have for the speakers I am trying to purchase for now.
So, howsoever tempted I get on the offer, but have to humbly pass for now.

A good Center speaker is definitely needed though. PM me info about the one you are talking about.

Thanks!

efernand1

Hi Fernand,

I appreciate your inputs!

I am looking at ads on HiFi-vision classifieds, on OLX and interacted with some Delhi-NCR AV dealers too. One of them suggested Taga Harmony too, and shared a good word about Monitor Audio Bronze 6 too. Said these will be great budget speakers to begin with, and he may offer great prices.

I am still considering used speakers since I don't wish to spend amount equivalent to what I am spending on AVR (₹30-33k). I may spend probably 25k for now, and that makes scoring 5 good speakers with 1 equally good sub a challenge for me somehow.

I have an offer for Energy Classic 5.1 which the seller is ready to give for ₹13000/- with step down converter as these are 110 volts (US model). Now this is a decade+ old model AFAIK, but probably good. (Seller was using these in a 5.1.2 setup himself. Selling to upgrade. Invited for a demo too as he is from Delhi-NCR).

I am still exploring the best possible solution, which may prevail and suffice the need for first 6 months at least, probably more. Wherein I may add 2 speakers and 1 sub further to complete the Dolby Atmos setup.

People have sent messages about their speakers & subs which they are selling. I will have to see how to buy individually to get it all under 25k somehow. Seems like a tough cookie right now, but I guess patience is the key. Members may guide me in right direction, even if I may/may not be able to buy within the community.

Thanks once again!

Welcome!

You may need to add possible 10k more budget as and when required.....to get something good you will need to sometimes spend more....old models are most stable but you need to check the condition and availability of spares then take a call....audition in person and close out face to face deals.

OLX is a good platform with dealers and real individual sellers....you need to be cautious...when visiting the seller, take a friend with you and check the stuff out before any purchase. If it is able to run well for 15 to 20 mins at decent volumes then it is good!

You can add the L+R speakers then Center then sub and then surrounds....after that add the Dolby Atmos......basically a phased plan of adding gear as and when budget permits!

vicky_crispy

Welcome!

You may need to add possible 10k more budget as and when required.....to get something good you will need to sometimes spend more....old models are most stable but you need to check the condition and availability of spares then take a call....audition in person and close out face to face deals.

OLX is a good platform with dealers and real individual sellers....you need to be cautious...when visiting the seller, take a friend with you and check the stuff out before any purchase. If it is able to run well for 15 to 20 mins at decent volumes then it is good!

You can add the L+R speakers then Center then sub and then surrounds....after that add the Dolby Atmos......basically a phased plan of adding gear as and when budget permits!
I second your thoughts too. I have a "secret buffer' of extra 10k, above the 25k stipulated budget which I have in mind, but that comes in picture only when it's a substantial offer at hand, which kind of fulfils my requirement.
It's all heart first when an individual goes after such things, specially someone who loves and appreciates technology. The thing is that I exhausted that bandwidth when I purchased the LG OLED C8 TV recently, and about to top that by spending another 30k on receiver this weekend, and after all is said & done, looking at another 25-30k for 5.1, or better setup. Now if I were to go with my heart, there won't be a limitation while I want to limit myself at least for now, hence the budget constraint is essential.

I won't rush into a purchase unless a deal makes sense in my budget. Because even if I were to go with a phased plan

arj

Staff member
Since you are building an HT for mostly movies, nothing wrong with a Subsat system. How big is your room ?

It depends on how you like to listen to movies ..

What i was told is to never compromise on the Center channel as that is used more than 75% of the time for vocals..followed by the L & R and then the sub..everything else can be bought in pairs later

Last edited:

vicky_crispy

Since you are building an HT for mostly movies, nothing wrong with a Subsat system. How big is your room ?

It depends on how you like to listen to movies ..

What i was told is to never compromise on the Center channel as that is used more than 75% of the time for vocals..followed by the L & R and then the sub..everything else can be bought in pairs later
Currently the room size is 12X12, but in few months I will be moving to a new property where room size is 13X15, so I will be sourcing speakers/sub keeping that in mind. I agree about importance of Center, L-R, then sub, surrounds and finally Atmos speakers. I am confused since buying separately will cost me more money and time, so if I come across someone from whom I may purchase in bundle will mean less hassle and probably be cost efficient. There are better deals (products & pricing) from South India on OLX, but authenticity of a seller/product is uncertain, moreover shipping could be a pain for seller. So preferring local Delhi-NCR transaction or places where I can drive (upto 100-200 KM's if the deal is 'sweet').

Either way thanks for your inputs.

Reactions: arj

arj

Staff member
I thought the Fyne Bookshelf with matching center would be great for HT., and then add the energy 5.1 as atmos and Sub ?

vicky_crispy

I thought the Fyne Bookshelf with matching center would be great for HT., and then add the energy 5.1 as atmos and Sub ?
Let me contemplate on that advise. I really appreciate the inputs, since I have no expertise on the subject. Also there are constraints & budget limitation for time being to secure a nice HT setup for under 30k amidst used segment.
I spoke with Mahesh who is Yamaha Authorised Dealer in Delhi. He validated that Yamaha RX-V683 is good to begin with with all current features & support for most codecs, etc. Advised to look at 6 speakers which are rated @ 100 watts minimum and centre speaker to be 150 watts (not peak output, but normal). Either way, I have received few inputs about the receiver, so I am on my way to collect it.
Right after this, I will analyse the best possible setup I can design out of available options which fit within my budget. Will keep this post alive till the time I have my 5.1 complete, and maybe all the way to 5.2.2 setup.

Thanks once again!

Last edited:

vicky_crispy

Just collected the Yamaha RX-V683BL from the seller, who is also a FM @varuunn
He sold his Crystal Acoustics T-3 5.1 speakers recently, sold his Sony Full HD Projector yesterday and I took the Yamaha RX-V683 from him today. He is a warm guy and the transaction was smooth. I checked that the AVR is working, he had all the brochures and the booklet which came with the AVR, alongwith the remote control, the YPAO calibration mic, the antenna, etc. in pristine condition. I spoke with Mahesh who owns Universal Trading House (Yamaha Authorised Distributor), and he confirmed that RX-V 685 is just a different number, a marketing gimmick by Yamaha and rest every feature is same in RX-V683, which gave me confidence to go ahead and buy this. He wasn't sure whether this model had Yamaha MusicCast, but I checked it does.
Seller also gave me a set of gold plated banana plugs which shall come handy when I go ahead with HT setup.

Screenshot_20190802-194412.jpg
Screenshot_20190802-194435.jpg
Screenshot_20190802-194521.jpg
Screenshot_20190802-194449.jpg
Screenshot_20190802-194428.jpg
Screenshot_20190802-194515.jpg
Screenshot_20190802-194500.jpg

Now the next step is to find good L-CTR-R speakers rated @ 100+ watts RMS native power for L & R, and 150+ watts for Center (not peak power). My budget for same is 15-20k. It may not be easy to find the speakers I wish to get in this budget, but patience, luck and FMs may play a role in this pursuit of mine.

PS: I received a few PMs for speakers, please share the expected price for your speakers as well for me to analyse whether that's doable for me or not.

I appreciate y'all's support.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190802-194505.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802-194505.jpg
    932.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20190802-194440.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802-194440.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 18

vicky_crispy

Hi members,

What do you think of a Wharfdale diamond 9.5 5 speaker set being sold by a re-seller for 35,000₹? Is this a fair evaluation?

I have another offer for Jamo c607 for 20k rupees.

I am focusing on buying L-C-R first now, considering the budget constraint. Will take it further in parts as I find good products for value price.

I don't intend to upgrade frequently so planning to buy good speakers for once, and then add more to complete my 5.2.2 setup eventually, which I can use for 2-3 years at least.

Thanks!

IMG-20190806-WA0001.jpg IMG-20190806-WA0009.jpg IMG-20190806-WA0005.jpg IMG-20190806-WA0004.jpg IMG-20190806-WA0003.jpg IMG-20190806-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190806-WA0008.jpg IMG-20190806-WA0007.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20190806-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20190806-WA0006.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 15

varuunn

A
Just collected the Yamaha RX-V683BL from the seller, who is also a FM @varuunn
He sold his Crystal Acoustics T-3 5.1 speakers recently, sold his Sony Full HD Projector yesterday and I took the Yamaha RX-V683 from him today. He is a warm guy and the transaction was smooth. I checked that the AVR is working, he had all the brochures and the booklet which came with the AVR, alongwith the remote control, the YPAO calibration mic, the antenna, etc. in pristine condition. I spoke with Mahesh who owns Universal Trading House (Yamaha Authorised Distributor), and he confirmed that RX-V 685 is just a different number, a marketing gimmick by Yamaha and rest every feature is same in RX-V683, which gave me confidence to go ahead and buy this. He wasn't sure whether this model had Yamaha MusicCast, but I checked it does.
Seller also gave me a set of gold plated banana plugs which shall come handy when I go ahead with HT setup.

View attachment 37887
View attachment 37885
View attachment 37888
View attachment 37890
View attachment 37886
View attachment 37883
View attachment 37889

Now the next step is to find good L-CTR-R speakers rated @ 100+ watts RMS native power for L & R, and 150+ watts for Center (not peak power). My budget for same is 15-20k. It may not be easy to find the speakers I wish to get in this budget, but patience, luck and FMs may play a role in this pursuit of mine.

PS: I received a few PMs for speakers, please share the expected price for your speakers as well for me to analyse whether that's doable for me or not.

I appreciate y'all's support.

All the best, pleasure doing business with you!!

arj

Staff member
Hi members,

What do you think of a Wharfdale diamond 9.5 5 speaker set being sold by a re-seller for 35,000₹? Is this a fair evaluation?

I am focusing on buying L-C-R first now, considering the budget constraint. Will take it further in parts as I find good products for value price.

I don't intend to upgrade frequently so planning to buy good speakers for once, and then add more to complete my 5.2.2 setup eventually, which I can use for 2-3 years at least.

Thanks!

View attachment 37975 View attachment 37976 View attachment 37977 View attachment 37978 View attachment 37979 View attachment 37980 View attachment 37981 View attachment 37982

I dont know about the price but as a speaker it should be a very good deal.
the jamo is only for a stereo pair ? if so the wharfedale seems to be a good deal for you. and since it goes down to the 30s you may not need a sub for quite some time.

R.karthik

Hi members,

Thanks!

View attachment 37975 View attachment 37976 View attachment 37977 View attachment 37978 View attachment 37979 View attachment 37980 View attachment 37981 View attachment 37982
Interested in jamo c 605 where is it available. Can you kindly share like or any contact..

Thanks.

vicky_crispy

Interested in jamo c 605 where is it available. Can you kindly share like or any contact..

Thanks.
Its off the forum classifieds, with a Delhi-NCR reseller. He is not 100% to sell it or keep it for himself. As I hear from him, I will send you a PM.