Speakers Blown - To Repair Or Not?

blackystrat

Hi

I have a 7-8 yrs old SAMSUNG LED Television, whose speakers seem to have blown and emitting a shrill crackling sound at moderate volume.

Now I am wondering if I should repair/ replace the speakers or do I have any other option like buying an external sound bar? I am assuming that for replacing the speaker, I would have to shell out around 4K anyway.

Also when I playback a movie file from a USB or my Amazon Fire Stick, the volume is on the lower side with heavy crackling.

Please advise

Many thanks in advance

Buy an extranal sound bar or any 2.1 multimedia speaker system. You are lucky! Generally, these days LED TVs hardly last for 5years but your Samsung is still running even after 7-8years. IMO, don't repair or replace the speaker because after repairing/replacing the faulty speaker, some other issues might pop up.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hi Amit

Thanks a lot for responding

I have actually connected by TV to my SONY Hi-Fi system with a Bluetooth adapter and so everything is working fine as of now.

If the need arises, I'd buy an external sound bar instead of repairing the TV speakers.

Thanks again. Much appreciated :)

Cheers

Buy an extranal sound bar or any 2.1 multimedia speaker system. You are lucky! Generally, these days LED TVs hardly last for 5years but your Samsung is still running even after 7-8years. IMO, don't repair or replace the speaker because after repairing/replacing the faulty speaker, some other issues might pop up.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back