Speakers for classical music under 3L

rahul_muzik

Hi dear members,

I'm presently listening music via PMC Twenty.23 speakers with amp Accuphase int 250, and schiit ygy as DAC and laptop with foobar as source. I like classical music for which yggy is doing fabulous job. Just thinking, speakers might be dull.
As I long back heard B&W Floor standers don't remember the model name except that they have diamond tweeters and really liked them a lot.
But I need speaker of small size for a small room with rich tonality. Suggest me with your ideas pl

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that Indian or Western Classical?
What's your room size and layout? Will the rest of the gear remain the same?
What makes you feel the speakers are lacking somewhere?
Have you tried different speaker placements?

I have Cadence Diva Speakers on sale. Not sure how they compare to your speakers but on their own, they sound very musically satisfying.

Is that Indian or Western Classical?
What's your room size and layout? Will the rest of the gear remain the same?
What makes you feel the speakers are lacking somewhere?
Have you tried different speaker placements?

My room is about 8ft x 10ft. Yes rest of the gear will remain same . I feel like the speakers are delivering every ounce of music but lack sparkling. I have not tried much with placement which I would be considering now.

You can also try the Focal Kanta No.1 speakers. With the Inverted Dome Beryllium Tweeters, they sound open and airy (definitely not dull). I have heard the previous models like Focl Electras and they were amazing. The highs that these berryllium tweeters produce are some of the best in my opinion. So try to get an audition.

You can also try the Focal Kanta No.1 speakers. With the Inverted Dome Beryllium Tweeters, they sound open and airy (definitely not dull). I have heard the previous models like Focl Electras and they were amazing. The highs that these berryllium tweeters produce are some of the best in my opinion. So try to get an audition.
i doubt the focal kanta No.1 are for 3 lacs, they cost much more i think.

My room is about 8ft x 10ft. Yes rest of the gear will remain same . I feel like the speakers are delivering every ounce of music but lack sparkling. I have not tried much with placement which I would be considering now.

With the kind of amplification you have...I suppose there are so many choices

Try for home audition and maybe you might want to look at room treatment for your 80 sq ft room as sound would be bouncing off walls and ceilings..

Just a thought..

Your current speakers are quite good IMO

i doubt the focal kanta No.1 are for 3 lacs, they cost much more i think.
I know, but since the OP said that he listened to the B&W with Diamond Tweeters and liked them, I suggested something with open and airy sound in the B&W 800 series's price range!
The Kanta No.1 goes for around US $6000.
They also look dashingfocal-kanta-no1-finishes_98a44ba1-9b42-46fc-9ed2-1d712028b67a_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited:

Dont get a very big speaker. I feel i sometime struggle with my floorstanding speakers in 11x13ft room. A bookshelf on stands will work better, maybe dynaudio as its very transparent should sound good for your music.

Get the atc scm19 active and use ur accuphase as a pre. You'll get the best of all world's. May have to spend bit more than 3 though but you'll have a very nice system. 8x10 us a very small room. As said by firearm12 do not buy a big speaker. Stuck with small bookshelfs. If you don't want to spend on the active atc get the atc scm11 n use your accuphase amp. The room is too small so be very very careful. A speaker that is even little big will mess up and smear the sound. Even the kef ls50 will work if u like it's tonality. Or see if you can get a dynaudio special 40.

For 8*10 Room Floor Standers would overkill,Strictly fix to Bookshelf also Try some Tannoy\Full range bookshelf. I personally have seen a fullrange speaker deliver great music tonality when compared to Modern day Hiend speakers. Since you are into Indian classic music , I suggest to go with some Coaxial driver speakers which eliminate the Dedicated cross over which would interrupt the signal.

Just a note,going on price is not going to Improve the sound quality in most of the cases. Only Complex music need a complex system to get best,Western clasical\indian classical are more into vocals and balanced hi frequency, which can be deoivered better only in full-range system at reasonable cost.

Also find some Fine DIY Design hire a carpenter ,import the drivers and just live happily.

I would say, stay away from a blind buy if you spend much more on the av gears. No matter how much money you spend on the high end speakers, system matching is necessary, if system matching is messed up and no matter whatever source you use, whatever high end cables you use, even good a pair of stands and isolations make no difference to you. But once you match it, every other small and additional components you add later, will give significant imorovements respectively. IMHO, amp and speaker matching is very much important followed by the room so please take your amp and source with you, have demoes and decide the speakers..

Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back