Speakers for Vintage NAD 3020.

tsr

Please share your recommendations for the following requirement

1. A pair of speakers for a 12 * 13 feet room
2. To be paired with NAD 3020 vintage amp
3. 100% for music mainly vocals, classical & gazals
4. usually listen at low volumes
5. very detailed mid-range with zero loss and no additional base.
6. Also listen to TT vinyls.
7. Budget up-to 50K .
8. Open to used ones.

Request expert opinion to narrow down to few of the brands / models and finalize.

for your room size - a standmount speaker will be fine.

Maybe a

Dali Ikon 2
PSB - if you can get hold of the higher Synchrony 1B model
Epos - Elan range

regards

Thanks mpw. Hope the 20 w NAD would be able to drive Dali MK2 sensibility at low volumes as well.

try and audition..

else try diyaudiocart.com for semi- diy speakers..

they are in cochin

you can choose the drivers and they could be cheaper too..

audition before you buy..

regards

I've been using NAD 3020s for a long time now, from my experience, I have noticed that they work with almost all types of speakers. I have even had them drive huge B&W DM3000 towers and they worked splendidly. If I were you, I'd focus on speakers more in line with the dimensions and layout of my room. Also I'd focus a bit on my personal choice, some like dull sounding speakers that need to be driven well, while persons like me like bright speakers that sound "in-your-face". Best bet is to take your amp to the store and listen to a few speaker types before deciding.

You may have noted from my signature, I use a pair of humble BPL 700T speakers with my 3020 and it sounds very good to my ears. Here onsite however, I use headphones.

Last edited:
Thanks reubensm for your advice. Will surely listen to few of them with my NAD before I buy.

Back