Speakers for Yamaha RX V573

jeetg

Finally my Yamaha Rx 573 receiver arrived purchased it from Germany. Now need to pair it with the 5.1 speakers set, Could you please let me know which speaker brand to pair with.

Yamaha RX-V573 features:
7-channel 805W = 115W x 7 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
560W = 80W x 7 (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
945W = 135W x 7 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10 % THD, 1 ch driven, JEITA)

Speakers Sets: Budget is 50~60K
Tannoy MercuryV1+VC+VR+Velodyne Impact10
Wharfedale DIAMOND 9.1 or 10.1 ; DIAMOND 9.CC or 10 CC ; Sub
Polk Audi RTi or TSi Series
Boston Acoustic - A2310 5.1 HTS Rs. 42,500
Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Home Theater... Rs. 42,990
Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema 5.1 - Matt Rs. 67,450
Bose Acoustimass10 Series IV Home Entertainment Speaker System Rs 58,388

Could you experts please let me know which goes well with the Yamaha, and please recommend the store in Bangalore from where I can pick this set at a good price.
Thank you

Jeetg,

congrats!!!
It depends on your room size and budget. assuming it is about 200sqft or more i would recommend the following:
1. warf 9.5 tower + 10 DFS + CS - about 58k. add SW150 for 22-23k later
2. Tannoy V4+VC+VR is also good, I am not sure about the price but will be around 65-70k. Adding Velodyne impact 10 for 25k will push it above your budget

I have not paired yamaha with other combinations to comment

Last edited:
Try the Sonodyne Sonus range...

Sonus 2605 FS (27K) / Sonus 2504 (17K) + Sonus C2401 (6k) + Sonus Rears dipoles (10K) + they have 3 subwoofers in the range of 12 - 25K.

Mix match your combination based on your budget. You will have very good HT with in your budget of 50 ~ 60K.

Thank you Ravi,

mine is a rectangular hall with view area 12X14" , i have my wood work done, so can't fit there a Floor Standers, i need to go with Bookshelves or Sat's.

Hw are the Wharfedale BS speekers? will they pair good with 573???

thank u

Thank you Ravi,

mine is a rectangular hall with view area 12X14" , i have my wood work done, so can't fit there a Floor Standers, i need to go with Bookshelves or Sat's.

Hw are the Wharfedale BS speekers? will they pair good with 573???

thank u

A good BS will cost as much as FS. If you are not sentimental for new BS then I would recommend you to buy a resale/used/clearance BS.
Wharfs pair well with yamaha and for your room size FS will be a overkill. Audition warf 9.2 BS + 10 DFS + CC + SW 150 - will cost you around 63k

Sonodyne .. doenst have any BS speakers on web site... Do they?? if they any dealer in bangalore??

Welcome To Sonodyne

They do have BS speaker Sonus 1501 (10K).

Sonodyne Electronics Co. Pvt. Ltd.
#28, 1st Floor, SGN Layout, 1st Cross, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore 560027, INDIA
T: +91 80 41573293, +91 80 22106429
M: +91 9343710301

beware, dont just connect any and every speaker. One should choose speakers first and then the receiver. You are doing the other way round.

The avr dosent seem very capable when it comes to driving even moderately demanding loads. My suggestion is to stay away from speakers which are 4 and 6 ohms rating,
especially for fronts and center.

this is reflected from the specs you posted above.
7-channel 805W = 115W x 7 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
560W = 80W x 7 (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
945W = 135W x 7 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10 % THD, 1 ch driven, JEITA)

To me this seems to be more like 30-60W output, 7 channel driven with 8 ohm load. If i am right, avoid speakers with 4 and 6 ohm nominal ohm rating.

Last edited:
Thanx Shaq..
I know, but I had this only option of picking up the AVR from GER, so had to go for it first..
As I m new. to this.. could you please let me what confg i need to look into while selecting the speakers (keeping my AMP in mind..)

Hwz ETC 5.0 with Yamaha..??

thnk u

Thanx Shaq..
I know, but I had this only option of picking up the AVR from GER, so had to go for it first..
As I m new. to this.. could you please let me what confg i need to look into while selecting the speakers (keeping my AMP in mind..)

Hwz ETC 5.0 with Yamaha..??

thnk u

I have the 571 model paired with Energy RC-Micro series. It is very good in fact superb for movies but not so great for music. If you intend to use it for movies more then ETC would be a great pairing with yamaha 573. As I wanted both for movies/music I went for FS yamaha NS-F140 series for front LR and the Energy I am using for CC and Surround.

Thanks

Mine is a Rectangular hall. with viewing area of 12X14', viewing distance is 12..

cant go for FS currently, so need to settle down with BS or Sats...

@manniraj...

Even im planning to got to ETC now .. after some time.. will go for some good bookshelves for music later..

See if you can get an audition of Deftech pro monitor 600/800/1000 series.

There are plenty of speakers available in that range. But what pairs well with your avr and suits your listening can only be concluded after you listen to multiple speaker brands with your AVR. It might take some time , but worth the time spent in the end.

Try out many brands before you settle on one.

Where can I audition Deftech pro monitor series here in Bangalore,

Do you guys recommend me to start with 2.1 system with good BS??

BTW hwz Bose AM10 series? i know bose is not the one at least in this forum.. but just. curious.. :)

Where can I audition Deftech pro monitor series here in Bangalore,

Do you guys recommend me to start with 2.1 system with good BS??

BTW hwz Bose AM10 series? i know bose is not the one at least in this forum.. but just. curious.. :)

Deftech and Tannoy is available in Music Ranch , Jayanagar. or htstore, jp nagar.

Wharfdale is available in vector systems, brigade road.
Polk, KEF available in Profx, MG Road/Phoenix mall.
MS and MA available in audioplanet, koramangala.
Sonodyne , Eva mall, brigade road.

If you are looking for BS, Try KEF Q300. One of the wonderful BS that I have heard of. It comes to ~30k approx (MRP is 33K), you can demo this in profx.

chkd the stores both Deftech -Pro cienma 600 & Paradigm CT100 costing the same 50k. Need to audition them ...

Hw does Tannoy Sound with Yamaha..

chkd the stores both Deftech -Pro cienma 600 & Paradigm CT100 costing the same 50k. Need to audition them ...

Hw does Tannoy Sound with Yamaha..

I always feel I miss some details with Tannoy F1,but V1 is different.Its has aluminum cone which should output good midrange.Demo is only solution.:)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back