Speakers/Home theatre for HDTV

thewickedjack

Hi everyone,

I am totally new in the audio front (practically zero knowledge).

I have a Bravia 32" EX600 LED and a Videocon HD STB. The sound quality of the inbuilt speakers are awful and I just want to get better sound quality (as i know this much that its hypothetically available ryt now, but isnt getting manifested due to my tv-speaker setup).

My budget is <=10K(strictly). Is there any solution available that will give me a better sound/surround sound experience? (i'd once again state that i have practically zero knowledge on amps/avr etc etc.. so u will need to tell me the baby steps of proceeding!!)

Thank you in advance.. :)

Last edited:
actually to get 5.1 channel sound from your HD STB you need either an optical in or hdmi in port present in your home theatre. It will be difficult to get one in that budget.

Hi, thanx for chipping in..:)

Will a 15K budget make up for the option you are trying to suggest?

Also other than a home theater, are there any more options..? Say some good quality speakers/soundbars which can (somehow) be attached to my TV/STB?

15k the cheapest speaker set with decent sound quality and optical -in will be the pc based z-906... they are able to decode dolby and DTS and will give you surround sound through the HD STB..

however if you can increase the budget by another 8 K.. you can pick up a ONKYO 3300/3400 and you will be at peace for next cpl of years .... its a HTIB...

else you can look for audio engine A2/A5...

15k the cheapest speaker set with decent sound quality and optical -in will be the pc based z-906... they are able to decode dolby and DTS and will give you surround sound through the HD STB..

however if you can increase the budget by another 8 K.. you can pick up a ONKYO 3300/3400 and you will be at peace for next cpl of years .... its a HTIB...

else you can look for audio engine A2/A5...

Thanks for ur valuable inputs.. I looked around and the z-906 isnt coming below 17.5K (shipped). Although i think ryt now i'll stretch my budget a bit more and go for that only, it looks pretty good for the job, for now.

Can u suggest anything about the Edifier 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System - Model C6..? It fits inside my initial extended budget of 15K but i dont know if i can connect my HD STB to it or not..

Edifier 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System - Model C6 ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back