Speakers / HT for Denon AVR 1912

vj_pavan

Hi
I have a Denon 1912 (7.1 ch). I'm looking to install it in my living room which is of 12 x 40 ft. Will be using it mostly for stereo music setup.. Also a few movies and TV.. What is a good configuration of speakers? Budget is 30-40,000 INR.

Thanks in advance :)

I started off with a similar budget and there are quite a few options at that price bracket. But a lot depends on whether you are looking for a 2.0 setup or 2.1 or 5.1.

If 2.0, you could go for a pair of good floorstanders, wharfedale 9.5 or 10.5 or monitor audio M4 or M6. If 2.1, you will have to go down to bookshelves and sub option and there are MANY to audition. And for 5.1, you can go for satellite packages from Tannoy SFX, Wharfedale Moviestar, Paradigm cinema etc, but they will not do justice for stereo listening.

Please do audition any or all of the speakers and dont rely totally on recommendations or reviews.

Hope this helps.

-Ajay

If you want smaller one ,then Q acoustic 2000 OR Energy 5.1 pack will do.
If you have more Budget,you can think of Kef Q series too.

If 2.0, you could go for a pair of good floorstanders, wharfedale 9.5 or 10.5 or monitor audio M4 or M6. If 2.1, you will have to go down to bookshelves and sub option and there are MANY to audition.

And for 5.1, you can go for satellite packages from Tannoy SFX, Wharfedale Moviestar, Paradigm cinema etc, but they will not do justice for stereo listening.

Please do audition any or all of the speakers and dont rely totally on recommendations or reviews.

Hope this helps.

I guess these are the best choices..
Wharfedale 9.2 9.DFS SW150 with 9.CS
Q Acoustics 2000i (More of a movie package)
Monitor Audio M4 s
But since u are on a budget of 30-40k,,,
If u want to add things later go for Wharfedale
But its the final budget u hav set and since u own a 1912 AVR u purchase a 5.1 package... to make maximum utilisation of the AVR1912

Hi
I have a Denon 1912 (7.1 ch). I'm looking to install it in my living room which is of 12 x 40 ft. Will be using it mostly for stereo music setup.. Also a few movies and TV.. What is a good configuration of speakers? Budget is 30-40,000 INR.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, suggest to go for a really good 2.0 speaker system where you can only get the fronts now and later on add the other speakers. This will ensure you get a really good sounding system in the end. There are many speakers you can demo, spend some time and listen to all of them.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys.. Since the room size is almost 500 sft, I've ordered the Whaferdale Obsidian 5.0 HT Package.. Takes care of both Stereo listening with its powerful floor standers (HT Vision said they were better than the 9.5s) and also movies with the 5.0 setup. I plan on adding a SW after a few months, if needed..

Hope this does justice to my AVR and caters to my listening needs :)

Back