Speakers Stands with gift of nature

Kannan

Go green Speaker Stands, salvaging the gifts from nature

The Vardah cyclone uprooted several trees in Chennai.
A very old Guava and a Neem tree near my office got uprooted and I managed to salvage its trunk to attempt a pair of DIY speaker stands.

Since I do not possess any professional carpentry cutting or shaping tools or even a working table, I just used nails, a hammer and a couple of haxa blades to get the job done.
Got the trunk cut to size from a saw mill near my place.

Money spent:
Tree trunks: Free from nature's fury
Other wood items: used the remnants from an old project
Trunk cutting cost: Rs. 200
Nails: Rs. 50
Time taken: An hour or so for each stand
Outcome: A little crude, but rock solid, heavy and 100% functional
Modifications pending: Some finishing touches like wood varnish etc. to make it more appealing and adding good quality spikes in place of the plastic bush I have used now for better stability.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Go green Speaker Stands, salvaging the gifts from nature

The Vardah cyclone uprooted several trees in Chennai.
A very old Guava and a Neem tree near my office got uprooted and I managed to salvage its trunk to attempt a pair of DIY speaker stands.

Since I do not possess any professional carpentry cutting or shaping tools or even a working table, I just used nails, a hammer and a couple of haxa blades to get the job done.
Got the trunk cut to size from a saw mill near my place.

Money spent:
Tree trunks: Free from nature's fury
Other wood items: used the remnants from an old project
Trunk cutting cost: Rs. 200
Nails: Rs. 50
Time taken: An hour or so for each stand
Outcome: A little crude, but rock solid, heavy and 100% functional
Modifications pending: Some finishing touches like wood varnish etc. to make it more appealing and adding good quality spikes in place of the plastic bush I have used now for better stability.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
That's really good idea and u have used the opportunity. Do some varnish, it's really looks nice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Just a suggestion, why not plant a new Gauva and Neem tree sapling on the same spot and tend for it? :)

Try to give back to nature which has given you a free gift? And help nature too......

I wish I had a piece of land. I would do something like the above too.... :)

truly a thoughtful suggestion Vinod. Will follow-up on it.
Infact wish every citizen of Chennai plants one to compensate for the 10000 odd tress that have got uprooted.

truly a thoughtful suggestion Vinod. Will follow-up on it.
Infact wish every citizen of Chennai plants one to compensate for the 10000 odd tress that have got uprooted.

Thanks guys. Not just Chennai. Imagine if we did it all through India. Do it on an individual level. Plant one plant and tend for it. That would give India back her depleted tree cover back. Any space that is wasting and is yours to plant is good to go. :)

The joy of watching a sapling grow into a tree is immeasurable - it's almost like your own children. I planted 8 saplings on my dad's farm while i was in college and now they are all more than 25 feet tall. One thing to remember though is not to water them too much - they won't grow strong and long roots. Start watering them while they are saplings and slowly increase the interval

Hey that is a great implementation, yes some varnish should look good.

BTW, I see the sub is placed well too ;)

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back