Speakers to be shipped from India to the US - Options ?

gsenthil999

What are the options I have to ship a pair of speakers from India to the US ?

As crazy as it might sound, the price of the Q Acoustics concept 500 is significantly cheaper here in India than the US. I am flying to the US early next week and would want to have them shipped.

I called DHL, GarudaVega, IndiaPost - all denied to accept speakers as apparently it has Magnets and is prohibited!

These speakers are pretty heavy (48 kgs per cabinet) and I will not be able to carry it with me.

Has anyone in the forum shipped speakers from India to the U.S? Any leads would be highly appreciated!

Ask the dealer/seller to ship. What are the prices in India and USA?
If getting them shipped, check for options in the UK. Prices might be lower.

Hmmm ....
This is a first!! Seems like you are married to your speakers.

If I were in this position (assuming long term relocation):
  • would sell and move on
  • would retain and give the setup to a family member or friend
  • set up a new rig in US depending on new living quarters
Shipping will cost a boat load of money (really it has to travel by boat only).
US is a place where one is spoiled for choice in terms of Hi-Fi.
For the kind of money your speakers cost, you can get equivalent speakers in US.
Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
@raghupb @Naturelover, The price difference for this specific speaker around 2500 USD (i.e 1.8L cheaper in India !! ) I would not have thought about the option of shipping it from here if it was of a similar price or even if the price variation was under 50K.

I was checking the approx price to ship something this heavy in garudavega.com and the price was around 40K which I think is reasonable. However, they refuse to ship speakers!

What are the options I have to ship a pair of speakers from India to the US ?

As crazy as it might sound, the price of the Q Acoustics concept 500 is significantly cheaper here in India than the US. I am flying to the US early next week and would want to have them shipped.

I called DHL, GarudaVega, IndiaPost - all denied to accept speakers as apparently it has Magnets and is prohibited!

These speakers are pretty heavy (48 kgs per cabinet) and I will not be able to carry it with me.

Has anyone in the forum shipped speakers from India to the U.S? Any leads would be highly appreciated!
Sell them & move on. The variety for Hi Fi in USA is untouchable compare to India. What if the speakers get damaged during transit? not worth the headache if you ask me ;-)

Well if i were you i would just sell the speakers as in US you can get speakers equivalent or even better for the same or cheaper price. Audition also becomes easier and SVS even has 45 days trial period.

Yes, Sell the speakers and purchase a brand new speaker from US. In US, u have a lot of options. Salk makes some of the most beautiful and musical speakers. The Raal tweeters are so good (comparable to the Berylium tweeters used in the high end Focals). There is also Selah audio, Vapor audio, and the elac Adante is very cheap compared to India. You can also try The Seation Catalyst active spears which are in their own league, along with some submersive HP+ subwoofers or JTR Subwoofers. The options for speakers in US are limitless. So just giveup the idea of shipping the concept 500 from India to US.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back