Speakers to match with Yamaha 1010 AVR - HT only

john_k_antony

Dear All,

Which speakers have great synergy with Yamaha 1010 AVR? This setup is 100% for movies. I already selected my Subwoofer - Velodyne EQ Max 15. Need recommendation for Center channel and Surround dipole speakers. I will be using the same center channel speaker for front/center/right. No tower/fs speakers for front left and right.

Well my MAX budget for 3 LCRs and a pair of dipoles is 1.5L.

This will help me shortlist the audition list.

I would also appreciate if any one of you can share some good demo setup in Bangalore with latest Yamaha AVENTAGE amps and matching speakers. I think HTStore in JP Nagar and UniqueSys in Marathahalli are good starting points.

Thanks,
John

Dear All,

Which speakers have great synergy with Yamaha 1010 AVR? This setup is 100% for movies. I already selected my Subwoofer - Velodyne EQ Max 15. Need recommendation for Center channel and Surround dipole speakers. I will be using the same center channel speaker for front/center/right. No tower/fs speakers for front left and right.

This will help me shortlist the audition list.

I would also appreciate if any one of you can share some good demo setup in Bangalore with latest Yamaha AVENTAGE amps and matching speakers. I think HTStore in JP Nagar and UniqueSys in Marathahalli are good starting points.

Thanks,
John

How much are you getting the sub for?

The MRP quoted is 62K for Velodyne EQ Max 15. I haven't bargained yet. I will do it when I am buying them in another 2-3 months time.

-John.

Which speakers have great synergy with Yamaha 1010 AVR?

I already selected my Subwoofer - Velodyne EQ Max 15.

In this price range....(can you accept tower speakers for the front) I would short list ....
Klipsch's RF82 / RC 62 / RS 52
PSB's Image series (T5, C5, S5 - stretch to the T6 if you can)
Monitor Audio's RX6 / RX Centre / RXFX
Paradigm's Monitor series (Monitor 7/9/11, Center 1/3, and surround 1/3)
Focal's Chorus 700 series (726/716, 700 CC, 700 SR)
Dali's Ikon 6 / Vokal / On wall (not dipole)
Tannoy Revolution DC6 T DC 4 center and DC 4 rear (not dipole)

Hope I have not confused you. Speakers convert electrical energy to mechanical and hence acoustic energy and have the most variations of most audio components.

In this price range....(can you accept tower speakers for the front) I would short list ....
Klipsch's RF82 / RC 62 / RS 52
PSB's Image series (T5, C5, S5 - stretch to the T6 if you can)
Monitor Audio's RX6 / RX Centre / RXFX
Paradigm's Monitor series (Monitor 7/9/11, Center 1/3, and surround 1/3)
Focal's Chorus 700 series (726/716, 700 CC, 700 SR)
Dali's Ikon 6 / Vokal / On wall (not dipole)
Tannoy Revolution DC6 T DC 4 center and DC 4 rear (not dipole)

Hope I have not confused you. Speakers convert electrical energy to mechanical and hence acoustic energy and have the most variations of most audio components.

Not at all Navin :)

I am not going for FS for front L/R. I am in for an experiment here. I am going to use the same speaker for LCR. That means I will buy 3 center channel speakers and use each of them for Left/Center/Right. With this approach I will get the perfect tonal match between my fronts channels. I got this idea by looking at THX speaker systems. Then I will use a dipole surround from the same model and same company for surrounds.

The options I have are

1. Full THX package - Jamo D600 + Pioneer LX86. This is a very expensive combo :(, but will sound the best.
2. Paradigm C3 LCR + S3 surrounds + Yamaha 1020/2020.
3. Monitor Audio RX Center LCR + RXFX surrounds + Yamaha 1020/2020.
4. Kef Q600c LCR + Q800ds surrounds + Yamaha 1020/2020.

I am not a big fan of Klipsch for their brighter sound.

-John.

Not at all Navin :)

I am not going for FS for front L/R. I am in for an experiment here. I am going to use the same speaker for LCR. That means I will buy 3 center channel speakers and use each of them for Left/Center/Right. With this approach I will get the perfect tonal match between my fronts channels. I got this idea by looking at THX speaker systems. Then I will use a dipole surround from the same model and same company for surrounds.

The options I have are

1. Full THX package - Jamo D600 + Pioneer LX86. This is a very expensive combo :(, but will sound the best.
2. Paradigm C3 LCR + S3 surrounds + Yamaha 1020/2020.
3. Monitor Audio RX Center LCR + RXFX surrounds + Yamaha 1020/2020.
4. Kef Q600c LCR + Q800ds surrounds + Yamaha 1020/2020.

I am not a big fan of Klipsch for their brighter sound.

-John.

another option in that case would be Tannoy's Precision series (again no dipole rear though). I am not too happy with the finish of the KEF Q series or the Paradigm Center 3. Focal's Chorus and Monitor audio's silver tend to do a better job of fit and finish (veneer/vinyl).

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back