• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Speakers

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

ranjeetrain

I'm looking for a pair of good sounding speakers.

Budget in mind is Rs 5 lacs but flexible.

I prefer floor standing speakers that sound nice even when playing at low SPLs.

All offers/pointers welcome with thanks.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

alphacentury100

If you are thinking about buying new stuffs, then check the KEF new reference line "KEF Reference 3" speakers. I have auditioned the outgoing KEF reference models 203/2 and those speakers were mind blowing. The details, sound stage, imaging and looks were great. Also check the Focal Electra 1028BE line. These Focal Electra series have highs to die for IMHO.

ranjeetrain

Thanks Rajiv, yes I am aware of most of the dealers and brands available in Delhi.

Rethm is a home grown industry and often praised very highly. I will definitely avail a chance to hear Rethms. If you know how to contact the FM please do pass me the details.

Alphacentury, to better what can fit in my budget I am open to used. At the same time, new route can't be ruled out.

KEF is one of my all time favorite. Unfortunately reference series may or may not be available for demo in NCR. DynAudio, KEF, Thiel are some brands that can be bought even blind. But constraints do apply.

Rastapopulus

Have you tried researching for Axiom Audio?

You can look at the M80 floor stander (assuming your amp can drive 4ohm speakers)

They have a 30 day in your home trial and you only risk shipping cost if unhappy.

Another type of speaker to consider if your budget is 5lakhs - magnepans. They are not the regular come based drivers but very highly regarded (also need a v strong amp)

ranjeetrain

Rastapopulus, Maggies are on my wish list. But I don't have amplification worthy of those. So kind of hard to go that way.

Rahul_musik, I have many amps, sources, cables. I can mix n match within reasonable limits. If Focal, I'd be looking for Micro Utopia or Mini Utopia. Though it's pleasant surprise finding out the hometheaterindia. Any first hand buying experience?

Shivam

Get a dedicated active system made from Acoustic Portrait as per your requirements. You can then sell of your amps too.

SPONSORED ADS

ranjeetrain

Shivam, that's not a bad idea actually. But I have several incomplete hifi "projects" that I started but never pursued :)

I guess I can go for something like that a few years later. But as of now I'll just use off the shelf parts.

Good suggestion, Nikhil. Ascendo makes some very nice speakers. Best part is - it's represented in NCR. So it is very much on my list.

Naturelover

Staff member
Get a dedicated active system made from Acoustic Portrait as per your requirements. You can then sell of your amps too.
Sadly, I believe, they are doing just integrated amps now. No speakers, transport or DAC. Correct me if I am wrong, I would love to be in error here. Have been fortunate enough to hear the magic of a full AP setup at Siva's and Venu's.

Nikhil

Staff member
Siva has been extremely busy of recent and is very hard to get in touch with. I was very interested in getting a pair of AP speakers but the min qty to get the project going was at least 2 to 3 pairs. Finally I had to put that project to rest and look elsewhere.

Other speakers I looked at long and hard was the Dynaudio Confidence C1 (amazing speaker but the India D&D pricing is off the charts) and the ATC SCM 20. The SCM 20 was pure - easily one of the better speakers I have heard in my auditions. The electronics behind those speakers was stellar at Cinema Focus, Chennai.

I was primarily looking at stand mount speakers though.

Last edited:

vijwilso

How about Spendors . Recently had a chance to pair with the good electronics , where it bettered three times more expensive floor stand speaker in a side by side comparision . It is not definitely warm or Dark or less dynamic when paired properly .

SPONSORED ADS