Spot damage to the projection screen. What's the remedy!

captrajesh

Staff member
I had purchased Epson TW 6100 Projector from an FM. Since he was reluctant to sell the pj alone without the screen, I bought the screen as well.

Sadly when the screen reached me through our great DHL guys, in addition to a ding and a couple of scratches, there is a spot damage at the lower part of the screen. It is Liberty Grand View make and 10' long.

Posting a picture here.
gyjegaqy.jpg

Looking for some gyan on how to address the issue.

Thank you for the suggestion buddy but if you look closely, the screen is heavily textured and unless the patch is of the same colour and texture, it would clearly show up. Does anyone has such textured screen?

I think, paste that doctors tape from behind and hard press by thumb. Little will be there but should not be problem. Those texture mimicking actual woven silk screen. That texture made to avoid spreading of reflected light from screen to adjacent area of screen.

Last edited:
You would have to put the patch on the back of the screen and push the ding evenly into the patch so it sticks. Do it slow and easy and may get ding even out. You would still see some of it in normal viewing because you would know the ding was there. What's seen once cannot be unseen.

if patched from behind the depression will still be visible as a black spot
if patched in front it won't, but 19:20 difference as they say will definitely remain and that might merge in dust with time:cool:
white marker could also be used to match color if required...you'll be the best judge for that:D

Last edited:
Really good suggestions there that I must try. Waiting to pick the projector during my impending trip to up North. It would make sense to attempt repairs after putting the projector in place.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back