ST50 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Tweaks, etc.

>>>

Re. my TX-P42GT50, navigated through the list above to check usage.
Welcome relief : usage is 23 minutes & number of times switched on is 2.
I had demoed this set yesterday 28th Jan.

:)

One query : How to zoom in on those channels from my remote, which have a letterbox format?

Regards
issigonis

You appear to be a lucky guy. One year old model practically not used at all....:p

>>>

Re. my TX-P42GT50, navigated through the list above to check usage.
Welcome relief : usage is 23 minutes & number of times switched on is 2.
I had demoed this set yesterday 28th Jan.

:)

One query : How to zoom in on those channels from my remote, which have a letterbox format?

Regards
issigonis
Excellent.

Hi,
my TH-42ST50D going good as for now!

Having some problems in playing some mkv files. I am trying to find our the mkv file format restrictions.

meanwhile i want to connect audio out to speaker.. how to do it from my plasma TV. i am not finding normal audio out pins !!

Right, right :sad: those are inputs and you're looking for outputs. I don't think you can do that with normal RCA jacks but to use HDMI for AV out.

Do you see S/PDIF or Coaxial out ? That could be your way out :D If your speakers don't yuse S/PDIF or Coaxial, you can always use a converter for that.

Link : Digital Optical Coaxial T Link TO Analog RCA Audio Converter | eBay

Now give me some hugs :lol:

Hi,
my TH-42ST50D going good as for now!

Having some problems in playing some mkv files. I am trying to find our the mkv file format restrictions.

meanwhile i want to connect audio out to speaker.. how to do it from my plasma TV. i am not finding normal audio out pins !!

If you are looking at playing movies of a wide variety on you plasma, I would suggest get a Raspberry Pi and connect it to your TV via HDMI.
That small device has an audio out which you can connect to your 2.1 channel speakers directly.

If you have a wireless setup at home, then look no further. It costs less than Rs. 4000 and will play almost everything you throw at it.

If you are a Blue ray guy, then you should go full circle by investing in BD player and audio system which supports SPDIF, I suppose.

Guys, for whatever it is worth, there is one fresh piece of 42ST50 available in Bangalore. Last chance to get hold of this legend, before it is all over. If anyone is interested, let me know. I can directly point you to the dealer.

I casually asked, and was quoted 85k with two extra 3d glasses. But I am sure another 2/3k can definitely be knocked off the price.

deep g my brother is planning to buy a 42 inch tv for his bedroom....can u share the contact details(including mobile no) of the bangalore dealer who has got 42st50...

Hi Guys,

does it make sense to go for a Panasonic ST60 series now? I know they have been discontinued. The online seller I was talking to told me it carries the Panasonic India warranty (which I guess used to be 1 year), but haven't clarified any more details. I know OLED or backlit LED should be a good option at this time but I thought I can enjoy the same or better picture quality that ST60 is was popular for, for lesser price than backlit LED. Let me know your views around the purchase and warranty piece in India. How much do you think a good price for P50ST60 as of today!

Thank you.

Hey all,

Does anyone know of anybody wanting to sell their ST30, 50s or 60s? If you do, please PM me with the details as I'd be interested to consider.

Thanks much for the help!

Cheers!

Why can't I see the Gamma and CMS settings in the menu anymore? In True Cinema mode..
Dont have experience wit this model but generally some picture corrections are disabled when connected through digital connections ( HDMI)
Try a different non -hdmi source to see if they are enabled.

Re: Panasonic PxxST50 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Tweaks, etc.

Any one using wireless keyboard mouse with panny st50 series, I am using it with st5065" but somehow not able to use the keyboard..

Pls suggest

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back