Stereo amp for Cadence Arita

Lad1

Hi,
I got a used Cadence Arita from my friend.I need to know what stereo amp will be matching with these.I prefer Marantz but other options are welcomed.

NAD works wonderfully with Cadence Arita bookshelves. In case you go for their electrostatics then the Cadence amp is a very good match

Please give NAD model.

Marantz not a good match?

How much will Cadence amp cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard the NAD Cadence set up more than 12 to 13 years back. Check what NAD integrated was available in those days. I don't remember the model. If you can get a used NAD 3020, that would also work very well

I am not familiar with the newer models of NAD, Naturelover

NAD has a house sound which IMO goes very well with the Aritas. It was one of my favourite budget system in those days

I've been using the Cadence VA 1 HP with my Avitas for the past 13 years with no complaints, and no felt inclination to replace/upgrade either of them. You could try putting up an ad in the 'Wanted' section for a used VA 1, as they do come up from time to time. Alternatively, check with the Cadence factory at Pune, as they also can put you on to a potential seller.

I think the Cadence speakers somehow gel better with tube amps. I had a Arista which I heard with the Cadence VA1 amp before buying it. It sounded superb. I got it home and drove it with my peachtree. the resultant sound was nowhere as nice. Later I sold it to a fellow forum member and friend who now drives it with his Synthesis Nimis and it sounds spectacular.

Talk to Mr. Ambalavanan of Cadence audio. He might have some refurbished amps on sale.

When I bought Aristas, I tried many amps before I had settled with Dared VP845 SET Integrated Amp. The Amps I had tried were:

1. Acoustic Portrait Pre-Power combo - ECC83/ 12AX7 or 6N2P tubes in the line stage and MOSFETs in the power amp; 70WPC
  2. Luxman L80-V - A vintage SS amp; 70 WPC IIRC.
  3. Cayin TA30 - Integrated Push-Pull amp with ECC83/ 12AX7 and EL34 tubes; 35 WPC
  4. Dared VP845 - Integrated SET amp with ECC83/ 12AX7, 6550 & 845 tubes; 35 WPC.

Luxman was good as long as it lasted. Dared was the best of the lot by a large margin.

Guys, the Aritas are bookshelves and different from the electrostatic panel speakers of Cadence.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back