Stereo Amp for RTI A3 under 20k

dinesh1201

Hi friends!

I'm planning to buy an stereo amp for my Polkaudio RTI A3. Confused between CA AM10, AM5 and few Norge models. Will AM5 provide enough power to RTI A3? ( Polk replied that serious 25W/channel drive RTI A3 to a very satisfying sufficient level, this was in reference to Cambridge Audio AM5).

Which one should I go for? Budget is under 20K. Should I really need high watt like 40,60,80w per channel or 25 - 35w per channel would be good for a general room listening and for some room party :)

RTI A3 (20 - 150W, 8 Ohm)

Norge 2000 would be overkill I think. You views would be very helpful for me.

Thank you everyone in advance! :)
Dinesh.

Thanks Binu, is it safe buying from there? I never shopped outside India except Amazon US.

Yep, lot of our FM's have purchased products from AliExpress. I myself eyeing on one of these amps, however still looking out for good bookshelf to pair it. You can find lot of reviews on youtube & blogs on these products.

Cheers,
Binu

looking at 20K budget, you can consider the following:

Marantz PM5005 - around 21-23K
Norge 1000 - Around 14-15K

You cannot go wrong with any of the above amplifiers.

Besides, I have Marantz PM6005, 1 year old in absolute mint condition. You can consider and PM if interested, will be beyond your budget but will take your listening experience to another level (as compared to your current preference). and will keep you happy and calm (no upgrade bug sooner) for long time. One major advantage is built-in DAC in PM6005, quite decent and must if using computer as source.

Besides, I have Marantz PM6005, 1 year old in absolute mint condition. You can consider and PM if interested, will be beyond your budget but will take your listening experience to another level (as compared to your current preference). and will keep you happy and calm (no upgrade bug sooner) for long time. One major advantage is built-in DAC in PM6005, quite decent and must if using computer as source.

Thanks Dear. Just for the info..Being an Indian brand is Norge better than Cambridge Audio and Marantz? can't afford PM6005 as of now :( , I'm so sorry!

If I were you, I would buy the used Marantz from Guddu, I dont know him, but just saying. The fact that it has built in DAC is a major plus. Look into the used section for a while, you might find a good offer.

may i know how to connect pm6005 to laptop?

may i know how to connect pm6005 to laptop?

This is what I use to connect to my DAC which does not have a USB in. This converter takes USB Input and has Optical, Coax and RCA output. It works as a DAC if you use the RCA out to connect to an amplifier. Not a bad DAC, but not as good as my Sanskrit. It has a headphone out too. Quite a nifty little thing it is.

Signstek HIFI USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter Decoder Convert Digital to Analogue Signal Mini USB DAC PCM 2704 Chipset with USB Cable

MaSh

Look at some of the used options as well, you will get much much better value than buying a new one in the region of 20K, if you have to buy new then look at Norge, I used their power amp for a while and it is a serious VFM product at that price.

To start off on the journey you normally can not go wrong with Marantz amps, I saw a 6005 was on offer for you, if you can go for it. You will get the additional option of a DAC to connect your laptop as well.

Back