stereo amp or av recievers

djanky

hi all,
i am looking for amplifiers with good sound.
so my question is stereo amplifier is better or should i go for av reciever?

if you want it primarily for music, go for stereo amp. If mostly movies than avr.
AVR has many features, channels of amplification which is mostly geared towards movie/ video.

also - go for avr if you want multichannel 5.1 or 7.1 channel. If you want to hear movies with 2 channels of speakers, stereo amp is still fine.

hi all,
i am looking for amplifiers with good sound.
so my question is stereo amplifier is better or should i go for av reciever?

The Defn of Good Sound is very subjective and depends on "what AV stiff one is used to". However from the perspective of an average listener I will suggest for seperates as below.

1. Go for a Preamplifier/processor like this.
Emotiva Audio UMC-1 Audio-Video Processor

2. Select a 2-channel stereo Amp depending upon your requirement (speaker sensitivity and ohms).
Emotiva Audio XPA-2 Two Channel Power Amplifier

3. After experimenting for a month or two, if at all Home theater is required add this.
Emotiva Audio XPA-3 Three Channel Power Amplifier

The above approach will not make any of your investment redundant at any point of time. you will have flexibility also, 2 channel, 2.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1. Any of the component can be updated at any point of time.
I selected Emotiva just for explaining the approach, you may go for other brands as well .

Going for an Integrated stereo amp or AV receive will always result in compromise, unless you are going for a very big budget product.

Happy listening.

The Defn of Good Sound is very subjective and depends on "what AV stiff one is used to". However from the perspective of an average listener I will suggest for seperates as below.

1. Go for a Preamplifier/processor like this.
Emotiva Audio UMC-1 Audio-Video Processor

2. Select a 2-channel stereo Amp depending upon your requirement (speaker sensitivity and ohms).
Emotiva Audio XPA-2 Two Channel Power Amplifier

3. After experimenting for a month or two, if at all Home theater is required add this.
Emotiva Audio XPA-3 Three Channel Power Amplifier

The above approach will not make any of your investment redundant at any point of time. you will have flexibility also, 2 channel, 2.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1. Any of the component can be updated at any point of time.
I selected Emotiva just for explaining the approach, you may go for other brands as well .

Going for an Integrated stereo amp or AV receive will always result in compromise, unless you are going for a very big budget product.

Happy listening.

How is UMC-1 when used as pure analog 2 channel pre amplifier?
Can you give any parallels in terms of actual 2 channel preamp?

Having humoungous multichannel processing under its belt, I thought stereo prcessing will be compromised? Please advice.

There are a number of posts and suggestions regarding this. Please spend time in searching instead of going on creating new posts.

Thanks all for your suggestions.
I am planning to setup audio system for listening music mainly. i am in process of finding speaker and matching amp. so iam open to all suggestion. my budget is tight and looking under 50k. i already own marantz LS 340 SPEAKER, YAMAHA 2 mixer and 2 techniqs turntables. mostly listen to trancey

How is UMC-1 when used as pure analog 2 channel pre amplifier?
Can you give any parallels in terms of actual 2 channel preamp?

Having humoungous multichannel processing under its belt, I thought stereo prcessing will be compromised? Please advice.

UMC-1 should be used as pure analog only when The CD player has a better DAC than UMC-1 and also one is using High end Connectors. With average CD players, digital input in UMC-1 should give better results [theoritical view, have not compared actually]

Parallels in terms of 2 channel preamp- Most probably you are referring to "Stereo Preamp processor" Such products are very rare. I found one, but I don't think is affordable, at least not for myself.
Class Audio manufactures Delta and CT (Custom Theater) Series home theater and hi fi systems for audiophiles and videophiles including digital tuners, surround sound processors, DVD players, and multi-channel amplifiers.

The solution is DAC + Stereo Preamp.

Happy listening

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back