Stereo Amplifier around 10K-15K + Speakers around 20K-30K for my requirement

swamytk

Hi,

I want to build a Stereo Music System requirement:

Music Sources:
1. For USB Hi-Res Music playing, I have built RaspberryPi + Fiio E10K DAC => RCA out
2. For streaming Spotify & Gaana, I have Chromecast audio => RCA out
3. Philips DVD Player to play Audi CD (rarely): RCA out

Stereo Amplifier:
1. with at least 4 RCA inputs (one as spare) from these sources.
2. Now looking for 2 ch system only, but having a Sub Pre-out would be a bonus for future requirement if any
3. with Source selection, Bass & Treble control knobs on panel
4. Branded one with India Warranty
5. Right now I connect all these sources to Edifier R1280DB Active Speaker system (meant for PC). This is good enough for near field listening (while working on PC). But I need a good amplifier to fill the room of 15'x13' with much better quality audio than Edifier one.
6. Budget of around 10K to 15K (can stretch to 20K if value for money)
7. Greedy... any amp with digital in coax/optical?

Speaker pair:
1. of Bookshelf only - known for Music performance than Movies.
2. Well balanced between all frequency ranges; especially with good bass too since I am not planning to for Sub now.
3. Branded one with India Warranty
4. Same again; it should be a good upgrade from Edifier one.
4. Budget of 20K to 30K

To cut down the cost of electronics I skip AV receivers, instead I want to put money on good amplifier and speakers. Please suggest me.

Please try to audition Marantz PM6005/6006 with Wharfedale diamond 225.
You might’ve to stretch your budget for the amp here, slightly. There might be FMs planning to sell this particular amp.

Please check this listing too, in case you like the sound signature of the combo

Which speakers do you intend to use with it?
:) being a noob, that is what I am asking here. Please help me in narrow down. I am planning to buy one in next couple of months.
Speaker pair:
2. Well balanced between all frequency ranges; especially with good bass too since I am not planning to for Sub now.
4. Budget of 20K to 30K

Oops! i thought your budget for amplifier was 30k.
That budget can be tight for both depending on what you are looking for. There is a pair of Q acoustics for sale https://www.hifivision.com/threads/q-acoustics-3020-q3000-wall-bracket.75505/ which you may want to consider. Also look at Norge Audio for amplifiers. Made in India, robust work horses can drive most book shelves with ease. There is also the acclaimed very musical Pioneer bookshelf speakers..sought after by many beginners. Another one is the Wharfedale speakers. Should be a fit for the budget .

Plenty of good amps & speakers are on sale in the for sale section.
Warranty is something which you will get only in new equipment so look at amps like Norge/DNM in that price point.

Plenty of good amps & speakers are on sale in the for sale section.
Warranty is something which you will get only in new equipment so look at amps like Norge/DNM in that price point.
Thanks for clarifying. Since I am upgrading from Edifier R1280BT Active speaker, do you think Norge/DNM will be significantly good upgrade over Edifier? New to this audio world, all these brand names are new to me. You may please recommend some reputed models.

What are you currently missing with edifier's?
Paired with the right speakers, both Norge/DNM will definitely sound better.

What are you currently missing with edifier's?
Paired with the right speakers, both Norge/DNM will definitely sound better.
Edifier is good for PC speaker usage to listen close to it (near field). When I move away from speaker to listen music I don't get clarity; and also it is not room filling for my 14x12 bed room. I need a proper pro amplifier and speaker to listen Music. Soon I am planning to buy an AVR for living room home theatre purpose.

I am eager to listen music on Audiophile speakers (I have never used). I already have a TPA3116D2 50Wx2+100W 2.1 Channel Digital Subwoofer Amplifier Board which is lying idle for an year in working condition. I am not sure whether I can start building stereo system with this Amp + Pioneer/Wharfedale/Zensor speakers and eventually move to a branded amp? Will these audiophile speakers work in decent quality with this cheap amplifier?

Would you be interested in the Yamaha AS 500 integrated amplifier. Review it and
PM me if you need more details.
Cheers.

I have Norge Gold and its best in terms of Performance, dont go for looks but classapart as compared to Expensive branded global peers.
Speakrs are your personal taste of ears. But in your budget, Boston Acoustics BA series are decent ones. But audition is a must. If you are still interested , I have them.

I have Norge Gold and its best in terms of Performance, dont go for looks but classapart as compared to Expensive branded global peers.
Except a few unknown sites I don't see it is sold online. Is it popular in local market? Can you provide link where you guys get Norge products?

You can contact Norge Mumbai office and they will ship the products directly to your house. I too own Norge 1000 Gold for almost 6 years and happy with it. If you want to experiment and try new things buy Allo class D amp with stepped attuenator (6k) and pair it with good preamp with source selector (6k). Discrete Dynamics by Aniket preamp has got great review. You will have excellent setup.

Hi,

Music Sources:
1. For USB Hi-Res Music playing, I have built RaspberryPi + Fiio E10K DAC => RCA out

Stereo Amplifier:
2. Now looking for 2 ch system only, but having a Sub Pre-out would be a bonus for future requirement if any
5. Right now I connect all these sources to Edifier R1280DB Active Speaker system (meant for PC). This is good enough for near field listening (while working on PC). But I need a good amplifier to fill the room of 15'x13' with much better quality audio than Edifier one.

Speaker pair:
4. Budget of 20K to 30K

To cut down the cost of electronics I skip AV receivers, instead I want to put money on good amplifier and speakers. Please suggest me.
Dali Zensor 3 with marantaz 5005 amp (in my opinion this is best fit in your budget and requirement)

Norge 2060 plus wharfedale d220 should do the trick for you... Norge 1k is too flat and professional sounding and there are chances you might not like them.. it was my first amp too later regretted not buying 2060.

@swamytk, why dont you start visiting dealers to demo various speakers/amplifiers? Listen to everything available for demo, even if it is not in your budget as that way it will give you very good background into what you like soundwise and then your decision will become much easier.

Hi,

Music Sources:

Stereo Amplifier:

Speaker pair:
4. Budget of 20K to 30K

I bought my first stereo in the same budget as yours, but without so many features and warranty. But I know it can give a system thrice its price a tough competition. I went for used DIY gears.

Norge 2060 plus wharfedale d220 should do the trick for you... Norge 1k is too flat and professional sounding and there are chances you might not like them.. it was my first amp too later regretted not buying 2060.
This looks close to my budget and requirement. Let me consider this.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back