• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Stereo Integrated Amplifier

Home Theatre Systems

shailenderb

I am looking for a powerful (at least 130 RMS per channel at 8 ohms) stereo amplifier with a full fledged remote control.

Pl PM me.

Regds / Shailender

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

nirrej

I am looking for a powerful (at least 130 RMS per channel at 8 ohms) stereo amplifier with a full fledged remote control.

Pl PM me.

Regds / Shailender

dear Shailender,

This description will not get you a proper answer.
Please specify more details like budget, your taste in music
and the speakers you intend to pair it with..
and RMS value is not an accurate
measurement of an Amp's capability.

shailenderb

dear Shailender,

This description will not get you a proper answer.
Please specify more details like budget, your taste in music
and the speakers you intend to pair it with..
and RMS value is not an accurate
measurement of an Amp's capability.

Thanks Nirrej:

I have no fixed budget. Can be flexible. I listen to all sorts of music, but mostly old Hindi nos. (read Kishore Kumar). I have tower speakers made by
LG (rated as 230W RMS each). I have now connected it to a Vintage
Sansui stereo amp (G-5000) and am really happy with the audio quality. Only reason I am looking for a new amp is I need one with remote. Sansui is a
non-remote model.

Regds / Shailender

unleash_me

You have a decent amp. So why not consider getting a pair of good speakers first?

shailenderb

You have a decent amp. So why not consider getting a pair of good speakers first?

UM:

The speakers are very good. Don't go by the brand name. They are part of a home theatre system (new) I bought at a throw away price. The system consists of an AVR with HDMI, 4 towers, a centre and a rear centre (both small ones). The AVR (especially in "Bypass" mode) gives out unbelievable sound quality - considering the make, that is. I have set it up as a separate HT with a PS3 and an LG 42 LCD. For rear, I am using a pair of old Jamo speakers. These two towers are now being used for "pure" music with my G-5000 along with another PS3 80 GB with analogue connectors.

I have been using the volume control on the PS3 (software-based) in the absence of a remote control. Thought I might as well get a more powerful amp (G-5000 is only 45 W) with a remote.

Any other suggestions?

Regds / Shailender

nirrej

Changing your amp just becoz it doesn't have a remote is not a good excuse to buy a new amp:)

I don't see the need for changing the volume in an amp very often.
It is not like our TV channels where each channel has different "loudness" levels.
In my case eventhough my amp has a full fledged remote i never use it.
Once i set a particular volume that is it for all the songs, that time of the day.
(If you still feel different songs have different volumes burn your CDs using the option in Nero where you can alter the volume of all songs to the same level)

I would suggest you visit a few HIFI showrooms with your fav CDs and have a listen in their demo rooms. Then definitely you will change your requirements. You will feel the need to retain your good old AMP and go for a good pair of speakers.

shailenderb

Changing your amp just becoz it doesn't have a remote is not a good excuse to buy a new amp:)

I don't see the need for changing the volume in an amp very often.
It is not like our TV channels where each channel has different "loudness" levels.
In my case eventhough my amp has a full fledged remote i never use it.
Once i set a particular volume that is it for all the songs, that time of the day.
(If you still feel different songs have different volumes burn your CDs using the option in Nero where you can alter the volume of all songs to the same level)

I would suggest you visit a few HIFI showrooms with your fav CDs and have a listen in their demo rooms. Then definitely you will change your requirements. You will feel the need to retain your good old AMP and go for a good pair of speakers.

Thanks. Actually, PS3, with the latest update, has the normalisation option available for audio playback.

Let me follow your suggestion. Shall get back soon.

Regds / Shailender

mitul mehta

My suggestion will go for Cambridge Audio amp with Whafdale 8.4 dimond floor standing. This will cost you under 30K seconds.

hemantwaghe

Banned
Shailendra have got the amp?
What is your lcation?
If you are in mumbai I may give you remote sollution..

Hari Iyer

Pl PM me.

Regds / Shailender

If you are low on budget, i will suggest you DNM integrated stereo amplifier with Remote for Rs.15,000/-. Its 100 Watts RMS and is build with IGBT technology.

niravj

You could also look at Norge..around 12k and does 125W..

Also you can go for a pre with a remote if you like everything in your current setup...