Stereo Setup for 25K

ajaymnair

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a stereo setup to use with my laptop and PS3.
I will be sitting close to the speakers as i am using them with my laptop or my PS3-24"LCD setup. My max budget is 25K.
I think near field monitors will suit me best as i will be sitting close. I listen to Bollywood and south Indian, AR Rahman, Instrumental, HipHop, Rap and POP. Punchy Bass is a must.
I am interested in both active and passive setups. I found the 'MAudio BX8 D2 Active Studio Monitors' for 25K to be interesting. If anyone has experience with it please share your thoughts, also suggest me a better setup in this price range.

Thanks,
Ajay

According to your requirement and budget Active Speakers is good choice. As you will be sitting close to the speakers so you can think about few 2.1 speaker system it will sound better than Active speakers because of subwoofer (even small). There is Passive studio monitors Klein Hummel P110 are for sale in FOR SALE thread (but need amplifier to drive), you can check that too.

Z623's according to many reviews have very low sound quality.
I want a stereo setup with good punchy bass not boomy bass. I have extended my budget to 30K. Please suggest me agood setup, Bookshelf with amp or active speakers or 2.1.

Please suggest a good setup for 30K.
Thanks

Well, Two Options:
1.You can go for and integrate 2.1 set as in :
  • The Bose Companion-http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion-multimedia-speaker-Graphite/dp/B000HZBR64, well they were at 22k at Croma when I checked last, as they have discontinued the Model, but for the price and requirements its a great system IMO.
    • Also Check the Cosair SP-2500 Speaker System, it sounds great for Games.

2. You can Go for Bookshelves/Amp :Check the Denon PMA-510 at Profx website which is in sale, buy the receiver, and a pair of Audio-Engine's to match with. And you have a good to go 2.0 Setup, I think that the bookshelves have enough punch bass, for your requirements, the total comes to around 23.5 K.

Last edited:
Well, Two Options:
  • The Bose Companion-http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion-multimedia-speaker-Graphite/dp/B000HZBR64, well they were at 22k at Croma when I checked last, as they have discontinued the Model, but for the price and requirements its a great system IMO.

2. You can Go for Bookshelves/Amp :Check the Denon PMA-510 at Profx website which is in sale, buy the receiver, and a pair of Audio-Engine's to match with. And you have a good to go 2.0 Setup, I think that the bookshelves have enough punch bass, for your requirements, the total comes to around 23.5 K.

In ProFX website the price of Denon PMA-510 is 20K, along with AEs it will cost above 30K right?

Well, Two Options:

Bose @ rs 22 k - are you joking??

Which audioengine speakers are you referring?
They match denon amp?
and available fors RS 10000??

Friends,
Can you all please compare SONODYNE (SIA 310 + SONUS 1501V3 BS) setup with a NORGE (COCERTO 1000 gold + Millenium BS) setup for benefit of uninitiated ones like me? I guess both the setups fall in the same price bracket; I am looking for a 2 channel VFM setup primarliy for music only and aspire to have a audiophile grade setup and listen to almost all the genre from Classical to Rock; please help.

You should consider getting a used NAD amp or a new Norge and Lithos entry level Noa1 speakers (2.1). Excellent sound quality for the price.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back