item 1: Wharfedale Evo-8 version 1 bookshelf speakers:
condition: 9/10, these were bought by me in the forum in May 2012 from fm denzong, when they were a year old if I remember correctly; they were hardly just about broken in then, since then i have used this as my bedroom speaker for a year, speakers in pristine condition, almost as good as Denzong had sold me.
location: Mumbai, not willing to ship, have lost the packing material given by Denzong and dont have the time to do wooden crate secure packing
Expected price: Rs. 9000. Denzong had sold these at a criminally low price of 10k. In keeping with the spirit of the forum 10% discount on that too! The price for the current range of Evo is around 40-45k in the international market. Denzong sold these to me at a crazy price so here comes the chance for another lucky fm!
Reason for sale: upgrading to Hari Iyer's transmission line BS speakers.
These speakers are 1 step above the diamond range, akin to the Mezzo range in Mordaunt Short, sound like typical wharfedales, warm and musical. They have top notch quality material with real veneer cabinet with polish, Kevlar drivers, gold plated binding posts. There is no review of the Evo-8 1st generation speakers anywhere, but there is a review of the second generation Evo8 which is a slightly improved one over this version in whathifi
Wharfedale Evo 2-8 review from the experts at whathifi.com
specifications here: I couldn't find the original wharfedale link as this is now discontinued and replaced with new series
link for the original sale thread of Denzong when I bought them:
The award winning Marantz PM6004 amplifier, needs no introduction.
condition: 9/10, these were bought from the forum in April/May 2012, when the amplifier was just two months old. It is in the same condition as it was bought by me.
location: Mumbai, willing to ship anywhere at buyer's cost, have the packing material from the seller.
reason for sale: will upgrade, haven't decided to which one yet.
expected price: Rs. 20,000. Market price 35,000-40,000. I bought these in the forum from fm Krishpiscean in April 2012 at 21k, along with shipping my cost was 23k, again selling at 10% discount in keeping with the spirit of the forum.
link for the original sale thread of Krishpiscean when I bought them:
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Please consider making a voluntary donation to help towards the running of HiFiViSION.COM
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.