Stereo System in 1.5L

sampath06

Hello,

Looking for a good stereo system within 1.5L for a friend of mine. The listening is mostly to old hindi, ghazals and some soft rock. They are not keen on a second hand system and would like to audition it in Bangalore before buying. The room size is about 10x15 ft.

Some that we have listened to:
1. B&W bookshelves with Rotel - They did sound nice, but, with the Rotel it was going out of the budget
2. KEF floor standers with Denon/Yamaha. This was also quite good. Going with the Yamaha might be within budget but without the source
3. Jamo with Denon - Was not so happy with this as compared to the others.

Please do suggest some options in the range.

Thanks,
Sampath.

Does that include the source? Would that be CD player or PC based?
For the room size, bookshelves wold be more suitable than floorstanders.

It includes the source. They have a bunch of CDs. But they can play that through a PC too. A good DAC might be a better option here?

ROTEL RA-12 WITH B&W 685 will be a very good combination.You can rip your CD and can run it just through USB pen drive !

Hi

Marantz products blend well with most speakers like Bostons, Tagas, B&Ws, Jamos, P Audio, Focals, BIC America,

Hifi Mart has good deals on Marantz amps, check ....audition is key, carry your music and hear the same music on different systems and brands to make a better decision.

Hello,

Looking for a good stereo system within 1.5L for a friend of mine. The listening is mostly to old hindi, ghazals and some soft rock. They are not keen on a second hand system and would like to audition it in Bangalore before buying. The room size is about 10x15 ft.

Some that we have listened to:
1. B&W bookshelves with Rotel - They did sound nice, but, with the Rotel it was going out of the budget
2. KEF floor standers with Denon/Yamaha. This was also quite good. Going with the Yamaha might be within budget but without the source
3. Jamo with Denon - Was not so happy with this as compared to the others.

Please do suggest some options in the range.

Thanks,
Sampath.

For your range, I'd suggest a few speakers
1) Dali Zensors
2) Tannoy Mercury 7
3) and finally PSB Imagine series (recommended)

They should be available in Bangalore for listening

Stereo amps I don't know much about :)

Dynaudio Emit M20 + Marantz PM7005 or Arcam A29 or Yamaha AS701 or Rega Brio R or Audio lab 8200A whichever flavour suits you plenty of option and all the amps are within Rs 75000 barring the Arcam leaving enough space for a decent source!

Those speakers at less than Rs 60,000 are a once in a lifetime steal of an offer from such a high profile speaker manufacturer.

Last edited:
no substitute for the hard yards..

tell your friend to take the dough and walk across to a few showrooms and buy the best they can..

there is no shortage of brands and recommendations... it can get endless..

I heard these Dynaudio Emit M20 while buying my pre amplifier and was stunned by their performance. They were being played with a Creek Audio Classic A53 power amp ( Rs 65000) and Cayin SC-6LS tube pre amp ( Rs 69000) and Cayin/Denon CDP. Awesome pairing. That Tube Pre & Solid State Power Amp has a sound that's really really lovable and let's you connect to music emotionally instantly. The Tubes warmth ,sweetness and solid states agility and dynamics a great pairing. Think in these lines since you have a good budget.

Last edited:
Seems like everyone has just glowing reviews of the Dynaudio Emit series
Should try to get a listen myself :)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Even I have been hearing good reviews about the Dynaudio Emits. At around Rs 50K for the M10, and Rs 60 K for the M20, the Indian pricing is very good as compared to the international prices once you account for import duties and margins.

Where did you guys hear these speakers?

Best Regards,
apk

Dynaudio website shows following as their dealer in bangalore.
THE AUDIO VIDEO PEOPLE
#18 Ground Floor, 83 Copper, Arch, Infantry Road Bangalore-560001 INDIA

There's a Class A Sugden A21a for sale in HiFi ads for Rs 75000 and it pairs superb with a Dynaudio or anything for that matter. A friend of mine is selling it off by the way.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back