Streamer With Dac

chiraghbir

Hello Guys

Posting here after a very long time .

Am looking for a good music streamer with dac .

Am currently using WXC50 but i want to upgrade , budget around 50k .

For now Bluesound Node2i seems most ideal , can you guys suggst something else in that price range ?

Also what should be the best price for Node 2i & where can i get that from ?

Thanks

In that budget, consider the Auralic Aries Mini and Cambridge Audio CXN v1 (the current version is v2 - which may be slightly over your budget). You can also consider the previous version of the Bluesound (node 2) which can probably be bought for less than the 2i's price

Retail price here in Australia is around AUD 900 for Bluesound Node 2i, 700ish for Bluesound Node 2 and around AUD 1400 for CXN v2, AUD 1000 for CXN v1. US or East Asia (Singapore/Malaysia) prices will be a bit less than this

Marantz NA8005 should be a candidate in that range if you do not need the preamp functionality.

Though this would sound cumbersome but get a good dedicated DAC, cheap streaming target device such as Apple TV, Roku or Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast and an HDMI to coax converter to feed the DAC. This way you can get a better sound and may avoid spending on features that you will not use.

Hi @chiraghbir What improvement are you looking to get by changing the Yamaha? The preamp section or the DAC?

My main problem with Wxc50 was connectivity .

That thing started to give me issues after firmware update .

And for past 6 months there is no support from Yamaha on firmware .

So I got rid off it and ordered node 2i .

Sound of wxc50 was not bad though , with airplay it sounded wonderful , but lack of aptx it sounded average with Android devices with Bluetooth connection .

Hence the change .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back