Streaming device

avtar2008

After completing my purchase of Home theatre, I am in market for a streaming device. I was going to purchase mi box 4k yesterday,but thought of doing some research before making a purchase. So, here are options that i looked for.

1. Firestick 4k: support atmos(for prime video) and surround for other app. No chromecast/phone mirroring. support amazon appstore only. 3600rs in sale yesterday
2. Mi box 4k: support just 2.1 audio, support google play store, built in chromecast ultra, usb drive. Price 3500
3. Roku premiere: dolby digital, google play store, Price 9k(what i can see)
4. Shield Pro : pretty expensive and almost out of my budget, but support atmos on most of play
tform.

Currently, My sources are laptop and PC, but I have to turn them on everytime and run a long hdmi from HT to my bed when I connect laptop. So, I am just looking for a easy solution which can be operated while lying on bed and I can control audio/video on screen.

I am not looking for high quality audio support since I have PC for any type of playback.

Amazon prime might not be going forward with atmos support. Pls check recent articles.https://www.avforums.com/news/has-amazon-prime-video-dropped-dolby-atmos.17848
Firestick does support mirroring (have tried) but cant comment on AV quality.
FMs recommend shield pro (expensive) and apple 4k.

You can do some jugad by simply buying wireless keyboard and mouse to use with your laptop.
Atmos content is very limited as of now unless you use B-rays or can download from net.

what are benefits of apple tv 4k over firestick 4k. Video output will be either on a 32" FHD TV or a 27" 2k monitor.

But their website just says Dolby audio,i doubt they give 5.1. thats why the pricing is so low. Its designed for ppl listening to audio on tv or sound bar.

It is capable of 5.1 output from streaming services from prime.. I don't have Netflix subscription.. But it should also be able to do there too..

Am using Mi box 4K, connected to a secondary screen just doing 2.0 needs in a bedroom.. But I had it connected to my AVR and check if it did 5.1 output over prime, and it does..

Fire Stick 4K is your best bet. Roku isn't supported outside US. All the major streaming services support 4K HDR/ATMOS in Fire Stick.

Fire Stick 4K is your best bet. Roku isn't supported outside US. All the major streaming services support 4K HDR/ATMOS in Fire Stick.
yes, I am also inclined towards fire stick, since i was not aware that we can sideload apk on it.

All I can see is that mi box 4k support "dolby audio and dts", but no where it is mention if it is dolby digital [plus] or is it atleast 5.1. I can see comments from people mentioning that it is just 2.1

what are benefits of apple tv 4k over firestick 4k. Video output will be either on a 32" FHD TV or a 27" 2k monitor.
Given your viewing dimensions, don't bother about Apple TV and all. Picture quality is pretty good on both Firestick amd Mi Box.

The Firestick remote is very sturdy than that of MiBox.

if anyone is using mi box 4k, then please confirm if 5.1 channel support is there or not
Around 1 year back, i ordered one MI box from China through Aliexpress. It used to passthrough 5.1 audio easily. I used to watch Prime video, netflix in dolby 5.1 in Mi box.
Later on, i got shield. So, i threw away MI box.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back