Streaming Media Player

forever.pramod

I need a video streaming media player for my Denon X2000. I am new about these device, but can spend uptol 25-30K. I have heard the brands like - xtreamer (Pro), wdtv and popcorn hours (A410) having ranges starting from 8K to 30K.

Can someone please clarify why these price differences, and is it worth of spending 30K for the same or just end up with something like 10K.

I don't need those internet stuffs like netflix, just need to copy and store downloaded movies / video files and play it. But i need to cover most of the video formats to be played like ISO files.

Pleas advice

Last edited:
I need a video streaming media player for my Denon X2000. I am new about these device, but can spend uptol 25-30K. I have heard the brands like - xtreamer (Pro), wdtv and popcorn hours (A410) having ranges starting from 8K to 30K.

Can someone please clarify why these price differences, and is it worth of spending 30K for the same or just end up with something like 10K.

I don't need those internet stuffs like netflix, just need to copy and store downloaded movies / video files and play it. But i need to cover most of the video formats to be played like ISO files.

Pleas advice

If you do not need internet streaming, you are good to go with Asus O Play Mini. It will cover almost all the formats. No need to go for expensive boxes.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Vinay. The device is considerable. But can u please suggest me a device similar to this with at least a HDD enclosure. Another quick question, is it really useful the video streaming feature without taking any PAID subscription?

Thanks a lot for your reply, Vinay. The device is considerable. But can u please suggest me a device similar to this with at least a HDD enclosure. Another quick question, is it really useful the video streaming feature without taking any PAID subscription?

Pramod- I do not have much experience in this regard as I have only used Asus O Play mini with separate hard disks. The advantage of separate HD over inbuilt is that it is easily replaceable.

Subsequently I bought Pioneer BDP160 which is good and replaced my media player. I did not find any format problem including ISO files (SACD Rips as well), through hard disk. It plays You Tube and Picassa over WIFI as well.

Maybe other FMs will be able to help you with your queries.

great, The advantage of separate HD over inbuilt is that it is easily replaceable. thanks
cLryku

What do you mean by in built and separate? In built HDD is inserted by the owner-so whats difficult about replacing it if there's a problem? I have inserted three disks in my Popcorn Hour over the years there's very little effort in doing it.

I think inbuilt one should be more preferable as it does have also provision of connecting external disk. And we just need to work with some screws only in order to replace the inbuilt disk. Also it looks compact. How about popcorn hour A-410? Anyone using it can give review?

What do you mean by in built and separate? In built HDD is inserted by the owner-so whats difficult about replacing it if there's a problem? I have inserted three disks in my Popcorn Hour over the years there's very little effort in doing it.

Sir - As I said earlier, I do not have much experience in this regard. As per the requirement of OP, he did not want internet streaming function so I presumed he would save the ripped content in a hard disk very frequently from a separate computer; that's why I thought it would be easier with a separate hard disk.

I JUST GOT DUNE HD TV303d this baby handles 3D and all HD resolution audio codecs (DTS HD MA, DOLBY TRUE HD) along wiith other standard formats. The UI is pretty simple and intutive, has hot swappable HDD bay that can take upto 2TB of storage.
The unit is pretty compact (smaller than a TATA sky HD box) and comes with built in wifi. It can read of any attached external storage (NAS or expansion) through USB and over your Home network. All the popular containers and codecs are supported. the reproduction is top class for its price and is more reliable (operation and network stability wise) than other options at similar or higher prices. It has now become my media HUB with a 1 TB HDD (in its bay) and 2 TB WD NAS. It will play movies with all the popular formats e.g.. MKV, AVI, MP4, H.264, BD ISO and more, will read all audio files fro FLAC to WAV, AAC, VOB, Ape,etc.

The difference in pricing is basically for features like built in wifi, support for all audio/video formats, HDD bay.. ability to play 3D content etc. more features are more money
Hope this helps

I JUST GOT DUNE HD TV303d this baby handles 3D and all HD resolution audio codecs (DTS HD MA, DOLBY TRUE HD) along wiith other standard formats. The UI is pretty simple and intutive, has hot swappable HDD bay that can take upto 2TB of storage.
The unit is pretty compact (smaller than a TATA sky HD box) and comes with built in wifi. It can read of any attached external storage (NAS or expansion) through USB and over your Home network. All the popular containers and codecs are supported. the reproduction is top class for its price and is more reliable (operation and network stability wise) than other options at similar or higher prices. It has now become my media HUB with a 1 TB HDD (in its bay) and 2 TB WD NAS. It will play movies with all the popular formats e.g.. MKV, AVI, MP4, H.264, BD ISO and more, will read all audio files fro FLAC to WAV, AAC, VOB, Ape,etc.

The difference in pricing is basically for features like built in wifi, support for all audio/video formats, HDD bay.. ability to play 3D content etc. more features are more money
Hope this helps

How much was the price? And from where you got it?

I git it online you can also look at Med8ter on Hifimart its going for a good deal and does all that my Dune does at lesser price.
Dune HD TV303D: 22500.00
Med8ter: 17500.00

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back