Streaming movies from PC to TV via android phone

noknor

I have been trying to stream movies from my windows pc to a Panasonic TV.
For reasons unknown the Panasonic TV does not recognise the inbuilt media server of windows (I had opened a thread a couple of years back on this forum but no results).
So usually I move my pc next to the TV and connect it using cables.

Today I thought of buying a media streamer, but before that I wanted to give it one more shot.
I know it is possible to stream movies from pc to android phone, and also stream movies from android phone to TV.
So I was wondering if I can stream the movies from the pc to the TV via the android phone.

I have just now played video from my Win8 laptop to my Panasonic E6D but through my home wifi network and not directly.
A couple of files did not play. No idea why. HD played but not properly.

Try bubble uupnp in the android and use a media server in the laptop make plex then try to play the media

You can use Google Chromecast.
Connect Chromecast to TV HDMI in.
There are applications to stream audio video etc.for using with android for Chromecast streaming.
You should add google chrome extension from their website.
You can also stream from your pc with similar application for PC.

Twonky media player would help you. I can play files from my comp and phone on my smart TV thru a common WiFi network thru twonky

I use a setup with Chromecast and Plex to stream movies from my PC to TV and control it using my phone with plex app. Highly recommended.

You can use Google Chromecast.

Connect Chromecast to TV HDMI in.

There are applications to stream audio video etc.for using with android for Chromecast streaming.

You should add google chrome extension from their website.

You can also stream from your pc with similar application for PC.

I have been trying to stream movies from my windows pc to a Panasonic TV.
For reasons unknown the Panasonic TV does not recognise the inbuilt media server of windows (I had opened a thread a couple of years back on this forum but no results).
So usually I move my pc next to the TV and connect it using cables.

Today I thought of buying a media streamer, but before that I wanted to give it one more shot.
I know it is possible to stream movies from pc to android phone, and also stream movies from android phone to TV.
So I was wondering if I can stream the movies from the pc to the TV via the android phone.

may be you have multiple NIC card in your laptop. do you have VMware installed in your laptop which creates virtual NIC? if so disable all of them except your wifi and try.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back