Studio/Active Speakers Less than 30k

shrayv

I'm looking for active speakers for less then 30K. Primary use would me listening to music (trance, dance music, classics). Extended low range is a must. Currently using a Schiit Modi with Altec Lancing speakers which is average.

Looked at Genelec, but it looks like its out my budget.

Cheers,
Shray

If anyone is transporting from Mumbai I was planning to sell my M Audio BX 8 A , two way , 8 inch woofer an amp for each speaker , for 22 k ...

While going through the forum, i shortlisted the list of active speakers under 30k
  1. M-Audio BX8 D2 - Rs. 28,999
  2. KRK Rokit 5 G2 - Rs. 24,999
  3. AudioEngine A5+ - Rs. 29,799

The above prices are from The Audio Megastore

The KRK Rokit 5 G3 has now released but don't know how much it would be priced in india.

Which one of the above would you recommend?

Cheers,
Shray

While going through the forum, i shortlisted the list of active speakers under 30k
  1. M-Audio BX8 D2 - Rs. 28,999
  2. KRK Rokit 5 G2 - Rs. 24,999
  3. AudioEngine A5+ - Rs. 29,799

Which one of the above would you recommend?

Its either M-Audio or KRK from your list. Try to listen to both in your neighborhood before pulling the trigger, M-Audio is more Bass Heavy tho, FYI.

I will be selling Aktimate Micro (Black) for around 27-30k next month. Let me know. Officially it costs over 42k in India. Warranty of over 8 months is still left :)

I am interested in the Aktimate Micro if it is available. Kindly PM with your location and final price.....

I will be selling Aktimate Micro (Black) for around 27-30k next month. Let me know. Officially it costs over 42k in India. Warranty of over 8 months is still left :)

this is clearly a very good spaeker and deal

Spiro, clicked on your link, pls see power requirements highlighted in red.

Paradigm A2 (Ash Black) Active Speaker

Sold By Kripa Electronics (India) Pvt Ltd
Seller Score out of 5
Orders Processed: Less than 50

MRP Rs 21900
Selling Price Rs 21365
OFFER PRICE
Rs 20452
7%
Add to Wishlist
Free Delivery
Dispatched in 2 business days
TrustPay
100% Moneyback Guarantee &
7 Days Return Policy
Know More >>
Check product availability at your location
Product Summary of Paradigm A2 (Ash Black) Active Speaker

Built-in Input Jacks for AirPort Express, Bluetooth and Other Wireless Receiving Devices
1-inch Anodised Pure-aluminium Dome Tweeter
5-1/2-inch Satin-anodised Pure-aluminium Cone Woofer
55 Hz - 20 kHz Frequency Response
Built-in Class-D Amplifier with Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Colour: Ash Black
SUPC: SDL538171738

Product Info
|Technical Specifications|Customer Reviews
Technical Specifications of Paradigm A2 (Ash Black) Active Speaker

Specifications
Tweeter 1 inch Anodized pure-aluminum dome
Woofer 5-1/2 inch Satin-anodized pure-aluminum cone
Frequency Response 55 Hz - 20 kHz (+/-2 dB)
Amplifier S/N Ratio: >85 dB A-weighted, 2Vrms
Amplifier Power Biamplified: 2 x 50 W RMS, 80W Dynamic
Peak Dynamic Power 100 Watts Dynamic Peak, 50 Watts RMS
Low-Frequency Extension 30 Hz
Power Requirements 120V-60 Hz 2A
Physical Specifications
Dimensions (H x W x D) 11 inch x 6-5/8 inch x 8-7/8 inch
Weight (unpacked) 5.2 kg
Warranty
Period 1-year limited

Snapdeal do not seem to have 220V stock,but getting them from U.S.Price is attractive though.

The snapdeal thing is probably one speaker only. So like 40-45k for a pair from a decent shop.

That costs $500-600+ a pair in USA and is often sold per speaker, not per pair.

Anyway, based on my experience and knowledge and research in this segment. This is what I recommend:

First choice:
Anything by Adam Audio, F5 in your case.
The only purely audiophile solution for you
Next choice:
Could be a lot worse than the first choice.
Ruark Audio MR1 for 35k

Third Choice:
Could be worse in some ways than the second choice.
Aktimate Micro but costs around 45k in India

Fourth Choice:
Perhaps PSB Alpha PS1 for around 20k, not 100% sure how it compares to Swan so you need to check on that. Chances are it is better than A5+ but doesn't have as big a sound because of smaller drivers I think.

Fifth Choice:
Bookshelves by Swan

Sixth Choice:
A5+

4th to 6th choices are not absolute and interchangeable based on the requirement but trust me the difference in purely sound quality is still big between Swan and AE with Swan being cleaner and more articulate despite being warmer than neutral. AE is warm as well but not as warm.

M Audio will probably fit in fourth as well, their better bookshelves which are active that is, but I dont know how comfortable you will be with them as home desktop speakers.

This thread is a few months old. I wonder if the OP made his choice and what results he got?

techboy, that is an interesting list/comparison. Given your experience in this area (and, of course, anybody else is welcome to answer!), I wonder how you would fit Genelec and KRK into the hierarchy of sound/price/quality/choice? Particularly, how do Genelec and Adam compare?

I also wonder about a small (maybe 4 or 5 inch woofer) passive speaker with neutral, transparent sound, for use as a desktop monitor?

I've a brand new M-Audio BX-8a active monitor speakers. Very good bass effect and details also. If anyone interested, please inform me (price 23k)

I haven't personally heard Adam/Genelec/KRK but have extensively read opinions about all and comparisons of each by people who owned more one or more and compared.

Adam and Genelec are both good at their price point although different and Genelec being a bit harsh for casual home use.

KRK is more for the home user but not in the same league as the above two brands.

Passive speakers don't compare for a price vs price comparison, however some people prefer them because of their tastes.

Adam Audio should be better than Aktimates I guess, provided you but the right size. Genelec is likely going to be better if you don't mind extreme brightness/harshness for home use and/or have the right DAC and source files.

For home use, Aktimate Mini+ is an excellent balance. Owned that. Owned Micro as well which is not in the same league as Mini+.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back