Stylus Re-tipping in India

Beginner_N

Hi All,

Came across this post on olx other day. Anyone knows this guy, he does stylus re-tipping.
Mony Nandakumar - +91 8137932529

I have tried his service on one of my MC cart Audio Technica AT3200XE and he has done a very good work. My Cart has come back to life. However I asked him to replace the stylus with a sapphire (not diamond) and the results were near identical as original. The sapphire stylus has less life say 200 to 300 hours. But results are good. He is a gentleman (senior citizen, around 80+ yrs old) and my dealing with him was very good. He has his life long experience in this field and a genuine person. I would recommend his service. I am not affiliated to him in any way neither personally or commercially, but am only a satisfied customer.

Hi All,

Came across this post on olx other day. Anyone knows this guy, he does stylus re-tipping.
Mony Nandakumar - +91 8137932529

[/

I know him and he has helped me restoring my turntables. He is very helpful. And he is a very reliable person.

Thanks,

Sreejith

Thanks Sreejith, although I have not been in touch, he is an old friend of my father and one of the old-school amplifier and speaker builders who operated in his hay-day, the 1970s. Unlike Mr. Bajaj or Mr. Nakra, he built his amplifiers to order and without any branding. They were quite popular in those times. Once things cool off a bit, I will pay him a visit.

Thats great news. I will call him tomorrow. I have couple of carts from QED with broken stylus.
Thank you all for quick response.

I have been following one technician on https://jestineyong.com/ he has written many blogs of repairs he have completed. Seems to have worked on many vintage audio equipment.
Name: Parasuraman Subramanian

I messaged him on his FB account but havent received any response yet. If anyone knows him or having contact details please share. It will be of immense help.

Regards
Nishant

I have been following one technician on https://jestineyong.com/ he has written many blogs of repairs he have completed. Seems to have worked on many vintage audio equipment.
Name: Parasuraman Subramanian

I messaged him on his FB account but havent received any response yet. If anyone knows him or having contact details please share. It will be of immense help.

Regards
Nishant

Parasuraman Subramanian
[email protected]
Write to him. He recently helped me restore a Philips Prestige valve radio. He will contact you and send his Whatsapp number if he is interested.

There's another guy in Delhi who, I am told, could help.
His name is Tariq. He is know to some Delhi folks here.

I am coming back to the form after a few years I guess. but still I used to follow it often. Mainly because 3 of my carts broke and nothing to play plus personnel priorities. . last month I came across this thread and lucky I am. I contacted Mr. Mony and managed to send all my 3 carts. one broken cantilever with broken piece available,( AT 20 SA Shibata) and one broken AT 15SA cantilever lost. and a M97E also lost tip. he did a very good job on 20SA and is back as previous state and he re tipped 15sa with and emerald tip. which also sounds amazing. thanks for the timely sharing of the contact details friends. I am back on to my music.

I am coming back to the form after a few years I guess. but still I used to follow it often. Mainly because 3 of my carts broke and nothing to play plus personnel priorities. . last month I came across this thread and lucky I am. I contacted Mr. Mony and managed to send all my 3 carts. one broken cantilever with broken piece available,( AT 20 SA Shibata) and one broken AT 15SA cantilever lost. and a M97E also lost tip. he did a very good job on 20SA and is back as previous state and he re tipped 15sa with and emerald tip. which also sounds amazing. thanks for the timely sharing of the contact details friends. I am back on to my music.
Did you recapped 20SA and 15Sa with elliptical ?What was the cost? I asked because he only does conical.I have the AT15ea, amazing cart. I would any day prefer it over any entry level MC cart.

Regards
Sachin

No. My 20Sa only the cantilever broke and the original piece was intact. He just repaired it. But for 15Sa I lost the broken piece. So he replaced it with a conical emerald. Only problem was both cantilever are slightly tilted to one side. I have to adjust the az settings. But soundwise both are excellent. He charged only 700 each. By going with the current price of 15 and 20Sa's I have easily saved 40 to 50 grand. Ver nice person.

sorry pretty amazing handcrafted turntables out there. wonder who they price their products.

These were the approximate prices around March this year.

Turntables 100k+ depending upon customizations

Tonearm 50k approx: Mid mass to heavy as per your requirement

I haven't heard his tables in real but have heard videos of them. People who have heard say that they sound better than commercial turntables costing considerably more.

Great info, sounds pretty much ball-park in that segment. If i were to make some comparisons a good 301 with a pristine SME 3009 with a multi layered plinth will round off at about 1.9L, a good 401 again with a pristine SME 3009 will round off at about 1.75L, while a Technics SP10mk2 with OEM PSU and Plinth, with a EPA100 will cross the 2L mark.

Must share my experience with Mony Sir , as I call him. My Elys 2 cart got damaged due to some of my inexperienced handling and the inner coil almost popped out of the cart body . Understandably the cart refused signal.
With almost no hope of salvage, I contacted Mony Sir and requested him to have a look.
Sent the cart and within a day he commented the inner coil had got damaged but he would give it a shot.....
Nest day, sure enough I got a call from him saying he had managed to repair it. I asked him the cost and what he quoted was a multiple fraction of the cost of a new Elys Cart.

After a bit delay the cart reached me and..... it is almost as good as new !!!!
This gentleman is a magician with carts and existence of such individuals make us believe that true credible workmanship still exists.... Extremely highly recommended. MR. Mony of Trivandrum.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back