SUB 30k Gaming PC Build

gp_freak

Guys, I have a Desktop, couple of Laptops, but I am missing Gaming. So now I want to build a Gaming Box. I am a fan of FPS and Racing games, but I don't like playing FPS on a console. So here comes the catch.

No monitor is required as this will be connected to HDTV. Shall be used as a Gaming PC and HTPC. Its been long since I had assembled a system. So I have no clue on the intricacies on the current generation Mobo.

Though I can execute this without any budget constrain, I have learned that today's best hardware becomes history tomorrow. Especially with Mobiles and PCs.

Games to be played at Full HD resolution. Can sacrifice on some eye candies to get decent frame rate, but not on resolution since I want the games to run at the Native resolution of the HDTV Panel.

with a 30K budget you can not go much higher with your GPU and in a gaming PC, its no brainer, the GPU is the sole single component that should be at most priority. I would suggest a min of ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX660 ... rest 8GB RAM, an i3 (any generation will do) compatible mobo and a quality attest 400W SMPS and you are good to go with all current gen games at 1080p with most of the setting to high.

with a 30K budget you can not go much higher with your GPU and in a gaming PC, its no brainer, the GPU is the sole single component that should be at most priority. I would suggest a min of ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX660 ... rest 8GB RAM, an i3 (any generation will do) compatible mobo and a quality attest 400W SMPS and you are good to go with all current gen games at 1080p with most of the setting to high.

You are absolutely right about the GPU. I too had similar card in Mind.

Buy Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 270X with Boost OC 2 GB 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card Online at Best Prices In India | Flipkart.com

Buy Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 270 with Boost OC 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card Online at Best Prices In India | Flipkart.com

Buy ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition 2GB 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card Online at Best Prices In India | Flipkart.com

Any other suggestions and pros and cons of the Graphics card ?

You can go with any of the above, R9 270 or GTX 660, both similarly priced and more of less same performance. nVidia or ATI its just personal preference, unless you have some specific reason to choose either.

Like in my case I was interested in 3D gaming as well, from my 3D projector and so went for nVidia as nVidia is much better in 3D department both for gaming and BD ISOs.

Guys, I have a Desktop, couple of Laptops, but I am missing Gaming. So now I want to build a Gaming Box. I am a fan of FPS and Racing games, but I don't like playing FPS on a console. So here comes the catch.

No monitor is required as this will be connected to HDTV. Shall be used as a Gaming PC and HTPC. Its been long since I had assembled a system. So I have no clue on the intricacies on the current generation Mobo.

Though I can execute this without any budget constrain, I have learned that today's best hardware becomes history tomorrow. Especially with Mobiles and PCs.

Games to be played at Full HD resolution. Can sacrifice on some eye candies to get decent frame rate, but not on resolution since I want the games to run at the Native resolution of the HDTV Panel.

CPU-AMD FX 4300 or Intel G258
motherboard-gigabyte GA78LMT usb 3.0
Ram-any 8 gb ram will do(doesn't really affect gaming)
graphics card-nvidia 750 ti or ati r7 260x(whichever is cheaper)
case-coolermaster elite 311(or any case)
psu-cooler master 400w psu
you can play any game at 1080p mid to high with this specs and it may cost you just a bit above 30k..although i doubt it

I also needed a gaming pc a while back for around 30k. I thought that a processor will be a very key component for gaming and took a costly core i5-4430 which was 14k then. Now i have realized that the key component for gaming is gpu and ram. I would seriously suggest buying an amd cpu the fx-4300 or 6300 will really do fine for gaming. Spend the extra on Graphic Card. The Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon Dual-X R9 270X with Boost OC 2GB really seems to be great. Pair it with 8GB Ram+1TB HDD+Compatible AM3+ Mobo would suggest Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 and you are done. Budget may go close to 35k but will be a better choice as gpu itself will be a major chunk of the cash you will put into. Even a similar i3 setup would be good. I think you need to decide intel or amd processor. For just casual gaming and not much cpu stressful applications i would suggest amd as the cost is pretty much lesser compared to intel. Again there are many fans of intel and amd.........AND THE BATTLE FOR THE BEST CONTINUES...............Finally it comes to personal preferance as mentioned above as well.

FYI: You can also look online for Steam Machine. Valve (the gaming platform) has the exact same idea, only they are supplementing it with a custom controller so it is more of a console kind of experience. On the TV, they will run Steam in Big Picture mode.

But the specs are more interesting especially if you are assembling your own.

I started buying parts for good PC and its costly affair.
I could buy only Cabinet (5.5K), PS 500W (3.5K), 250GB SSD (9.5K) and 1TB HDD (4K) only within 23K spending. :(
CPU cooler, GPU, CPU, RAM and Mother Board are still pending.

A bit old but not irrelevant:

Gaming power comes at a high premium.
A small improvement in gaming power commands thousands of rupees.
So there are basically 2 things that you want to determine at minimum.

1) How capable a particular GPU is, in comparison to another GPU.
2) What gaming experience you want.

For 1):-
Tomshardware has a very reliable GPU Hierarchy. Its updated regularly with latest GPUs. It will easily let you determine comparative GPU strengths of all 3 - AMD, Nvidia & Intel.

For 2):-
What really matters is what 'resolution' and what quality (4x MSAA and 4x AF is good enough for optimum price/performance. Beyond this is diminishing returns.) you want to game in.
Add in the fact that your monitor most probably wont game beyond 1080p, its pointless to buy a hugely overpowered GPU. Sorry to break your heart here. Mine has been broken so many times. I too dream of buying a Titan. Alas when it comes to actually purchasing, I have been unable to afford or justify shelling out so much money.

But all is not lost. Keep reading.

After determining that, you want to know what GPU will comfortably play those resolutions. Well there are reviews out there.
But I have tried to group the Tomshardware Hierarchy GPUs by resolutions.
Its available here (basically a different sheet in the same CPU selection workbook)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/teNiMF1Aycp9X7kIH8YadVQ/htmlview?pli=1#

Its a bit old but you get the point.

One thing I take into account is that if I can get a GPU that will not require additional power, it will be a huge savings in PSU+UPS. I mean that just the pcix16 power of 75w is enough for it. Currently 750ti is a good option.

Nvidia admittedly is a step ahead in GPU power.
And so it charges accordingly too!

Complete article here:
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...s-all-i-have-learnt-about-building-htpcs.html

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents here when deciding on your GPU.
nVdia GPUs tend to run much cooler and are more power efficient than ATI GPUs (which brings down the total power required for your build.

Since you're looking at gaming at 1080p60, i think a GTX 750ti is more than enough.

As for the CPU + motherboard, i would go with an intel i3 4150 (Haswel) and couple it with a H81 board. Since you're not overclocking, no point in spending on the higher end chipsets.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back