Sub 75k speakers in the market today for a balanced but dynamic sound

square_wave

A friend is in the market with a budget of ~75k. Paired probably with a Rega brio or Audiolab 6000a. I don't have much experience with these amplifiers and potential combinations.

Sound preference :

1. Least muddiness possible at this price point. Clear images even at moderate to loud volumes
2. Dynamic sound. No polite speakers
3. Balanced sound. Should not be bass or treble heavy.

I would like people who have some direct experience to chime in. People who had auditions at dealer, friend's home or your own home etc..

The Dynaudio Emit M20 would be one of the options , is supposed to pair well with the above mentioned amps. These really sing even with a Marantz PM6006 and have a sound signature leaning towards warm but still dont find any details to be missing and imaging/soundstage is a huge level up against the Concept 20. Other options which i had shortlisted but did not go forward with include
i) Wharfedale Evo 4.2
ii) Elac UB5
iii) Monitor audio Bronze 2

Forgot to add, the preference is for a tower speaker. Upgrading from a dynaudio audience 40. It has to be an upgrade atleast 1 level up.

Current shortlist include.

Dali oberon 5
Q acoustics - 3050i
Elac debut2.0 F5.2

Not sure if the above are upgrades. I have zero experience with these speakers. So unable to advice anything to my friend. I have the smaller Elac speakers in my gaming setup and they sound decent but not exactly an upgrade to the audience series from dynaudio.

Last edited:
Forgot to add, the preference is for a tower speaker. Upgrading from a dynaudio audience 40. It has to be an upgrade atleast 1 level up.

Dali oberon 5
Q acoustics - 3050i
Elac debut2.0 F5.2

Not sure if the above are upgrades. I have zero experience with these speakers. So unable to advice anything to my friend. I have the smaller Elac speakers in my gaming setup and they sound decent but not exactly an upgrade to the audience series from dynaudio.
Aren't these Dynes a very well reviewed and received model?
So if all works out, these may be up for sale? :p
Cheers,
Raghu

Dali oberon 5
Q acoustics - 3050i
Elac debut2.0 F5.2

It may be better to invest in a good subwoofer than try to find a Rs75k floorstander that is an upgrade over those Dynaudios for anything other than bass response

Fair enough. Time for change of sound.
I can't contribute directly to the ask on the thread.
But if they come up for sale, let me know (calling first dibs :D)
Cheers,
Raghu

The Dynaudio Emit M20 would be one of the options , is supposed to pair well with the above mentioned amps. These really sing even with a Marantz PM6006 and have a sound signature leaning towards warm but still dont find any details to be missing and imaging/soundstage is a huge level up against the Concept 20. Other options which i had shortlisted but did not go forward with include
i) Wharfedale Evo 4.2
ii) Elac UB5
iii) Monitor audio Bronze 2

The EVO 4.2 may be a candidate since they are a very large bookshelf speaker and are getting good reviews.

If its a Rega amp, I would suggest increasing the budget and going for a rega speaker and be done with it .
Else Dali's are very often used with Rega speakers, although I am not sure of the newer models

No idea of Audiolab amps !

EVO 4.2s are being showcased everywhere by Wharfedales with AL 6000a, so if that is the amp you decide to go with - I think that perhaps will be a good match. I just got this AMP and though I haven't heard the Rega and hence can't compare, I believe the AL6000a is a pretty capable amp and the BT is a beauty - both in terms of quality and convenience, I reactivated my Tidal account, just so I can enjoy it over BT. The amp is being paired with Concept 20s with a focal sub (which was extremely crucial), and I can't fault them. Maybe try the Q acoustics 3050i, might be a great match!

For good dynamic sound, you could explore Triangle - their smaller speakers have also been getting great reviews nowadays. It was in my final shortlist. Also the dealer is in Bangalore and is a Rega dealer too, so it might be good to explore how the two go together.

For good dynamic sound, you could explore Triangle - their smaller speakers have also been getting great reviews nowadays. It was in my final shortlist. Also the dealer is in Bangalore and is a Rega dealer too, so it might be good to explore how the two go together.
Who deals in triangle ? I heard they can be a bit forward sounding.

A friend is in the market with a budget of ~75k. Paired probably with a Rega brio or Audiolab 6000a. I don't have much experience with these amplifiers and potential combinations.

Sound preference :

1. Least muddiness possible at this price point. Clear images even at moderate to loud volumes

I would like people who have some direct experience to chime in. People who had auditions at dealer, friend's home or your own home etc..
Focal Aria 906
Rega Rx1 (assuming you're using Rega Amp)

Whatrfdale Evo/Dyna M20 if you can upgrade the amplification.

Sound preference :

I was in search of a similar requirement, shortlisted REGA RX3, EVO4.2 ,Fyne Aduio F303 & F500, and few other models.

REGA RX3 was the best to match BRIO amp. Rest I have not got a chance for an audition.
But luckily I've got pre-owned MA silver 100 BS, and paired with Rega BRIO. Very well balanced sound Bass is enough to fill a medium room (mine 11 x 16 ft)
Highs are not at all harsh, little rolled off. Mids are as usual Monitor audio signature. I use basic DAC Schitt Modi2 nothing much can be expected from it apart of convenience.

You or ur friend can drop by my place anytime (Saturdays or Sundays) for an audition.

Because of BS speakers , I've not opted for the RX3.

Thanks.

Focal Aria 906
Rega Rx1 (assuming you're using Rega Amp)

Whatrfdale Evo/Dyna M20 if you can upgrade the amplification.

Curious. Why a higher level amp for the Wharfedale Evo 4.2 ? I thought the speaker was very easy to drive.

This is what I have heard from other as well and this synergy is not something to ignore.

Looks like the Rega combination is a good option then.

Anyone got info about the best pricing you have got for the Rega RX3 ?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back