Sub upgrade - Polk PSW 125 to Dali E12F your thoughts ?

Arjun4

Hello Gentlemen,

I'm planning to upgrade my Sub. Right now I've Polk PSW125 and Dali E12F is what i'm thinking. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Polk PSW 125

Total Frequency Response 32Hz-225Hz

Continuous Power 150 watts
Dynamic Power 300 watts

Dali E12F

Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) 28Hz - 190Hz

Continous IEC Power Output 170 watts
Max. Amplifier Power Output 220 watts

Thanks in advance !

It will also depend on what are your main speakers. Keep the sub from the same company if setting a system from scratch. But if neither sub is same as main speakers, I'll prefer the Polk in this case.

It will also depend on what are your main speakers. Keep the sub from the same company if setting a system from scratch. But if neither sub is same as main speakers, I'll prefer the Polk in this case.

Have already upgraded speakers from Polk to Dali. So i thought of upgrading the Sub as well. Also i believe E12F is a universal sub not linked to any of the Dali series so far

Hi

Dali seems to be the obvious choice to enjoy good harmony across the frequencies.

There are other subs also available which is good value for money. You may want to check out the Boston Acoustic ASW 650 which is 300w RMS and 600W Peak.

End of the day it all depends on what appeals to you and your budget

Hope your AVR supports 2 sub-woofer outputs...You already have a Polk sub-woofer... instead of upgrading to a new sub-woofer, have you considered the idea of adding an other Polk sub-woofer if your room can accommodate...

Thanks for the reply guys !

@efernand1 - have you ever listened to Dali E12F, If so how would you rate it compared to Boston Acoustic ASW 650?

@jkarthik - SVS, Velodyne, Paradigm - can you seuggest any specific models ?

@elangoas - i didn't consider that actually, Space could be a problem but i'll definitely think about it

in sub 25K cost try KEF C4, one of the FMs from Kolkata recently bought it and is happy with it.

SVS website has got a tool called 'Merlin' to select the Sub based on speakers system you have. They have got almost all speakers in the market listed in it.

Merlin - SVS

From SVS, i've shortlisted the below models. How good is BA AS650 compared to SVS for Movies ?

PC12-NSD -
SB 2000 -
PB 2000 -

BA wont be as good as SVS (period).
In the same performance league, you can find sunfire subs cheaper that SVS.

I decided to go for SVS instead of Dali.

Dali seems to be little costly compared to specs for SVS. E12F is 46K.

But confused on SVS SB1000 & PB1000

SB1000 is 54k

PB1000 is 56.4 @ ARN systems.

Please let me know if anybody has got any experience with these Sub's.

Last edited:
you also need to take into account your room size, 10" subs would suffice for a 1800-2200cft room. anything above 2500 you should consider 12".

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back