Sub woofer from US-DefTech Prosub 1000 or Klipsch S10

rpanand25

I am going to buy either of the above two subs in a day or two as they are rea
dily available at my budget. I will be using a 220 volts to 110 volt step down transformer. Which is better for more music listening? What is the approximate cost in India.

Klispch is 150 watts rms and Def tech is 300 watts with passive radiator in addition. Pl give response within these two as SVS,martin logan etc are out of my budget and i cannot get it within two days before returning.

https://www.definitivetechnology.com/collections/home-audio/prosub-series

http://images.klipsch.com/R-10SW_-_Spec_Sheet_635424116393442000.pdf

I also donot see phase switch on the Prosub, Can anybody confirm whether it is on the side of sub as the gain control is on the side as checked from reviews

Last edited:
Get a RSL speedwoofer which is supposedly much better than the ones mentioned above. As per the reviews and good vibes on forums. I have not personally listened to any of the above

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You can consider Bic America Subwoofers, best budget with great performance. F12 and Pl200.
Bic America F12 Review-http://www.hifivision.com/showthread.php?t=66328

keeping in view various considerations including voltage,dimensions etc. I have bought/brought Emotiva S10 sub woofer from USA in the original packing.
https://emotiva.com/products/subwoofers/basx-s10.

To use in India I have to set the switch on backside to 220 volts. Further I have to use 1.25amp fuse for India instead of the 2.5amp250 volt fuse provided with the unit for American voltage.The 1.25amp fuse has to be bought by me. Is there any place in Delhi/online where i can find good quality fuse. I presume voltage limit will be 250 volt for 1.25 amp also. I know fuse is not difficult item to obtain but i want to be sure of the quality.

avoid the klipsch r-10sw, it has very bad built quality & many reports online about the lamination peeling, also in avs(us forums) members say it sounds like a boom box in reviews, avoid.

I had listened to Klipsch s10 in Frye's store in US but it was not kept in a proper position for true assessment. It was in a huge store with 30 foot ceiling and jam packed with speakers on two sides and right upto the back wall. I have already got Emotiva S10. Anything about my fuse query?

keeping in view various considerations including voltage,dimensions etc. I have bought/brought Emotiva S10 sub woofer from USA in the original packing.

To use in India I have to set the switch on backside to 220 volts. Further I have to use 1.25amp fuse for India instead of the 2.5amp250 volt fuse provided with the unit for American voltage.The 1.25amp fuse has to be bought by me. Is there any place in Delhi/online where i can find good quality fuse. I presume voltage limit will be 250 volt for 1.25 amp also. I know fuse is not difficult item to obtain but i want to be sure of the quality.

Hi, Congrats for the new sub. I have recently bought BasX S12.
I think it is better to check with Emotiva dealer for fuse replacement. Did you buy directly from Emotiva portal and will it be in warranty?
Since you are in Delhi please check with Acoustic arts.

Congrats to you also Sunil for getting the BASX S 12. Since I was in USA I did-not follow the forum and just saw your thread.

I checked with Acoustic Arts regarding the fuse issue. I talked to the technician who actually attends to sub woofers of various brands distributed by them specially Emotiva. He said S10 fuse has 2amp rating for 110 volt supply whereas it is 1.25 amp for 220 volt as specified in the manual. He said this small difference is not going to create any problem for normal listening and i can continue to use the fuse i.e.2 amp that came with the unit. In fact they use the fuse as is shipped by Emotiva with their sub woofer. Only the switch is set to 220volt.

He also gave the shop address from where I can get 1.25amp fuse of good quality but I have to yet visit them. Perhaps I have to buy in some quantity.

UPDATE

I got reply from Emotiva. I had asked two questions 1) Is the fuse Slow Blow or Time Lag fuse as T4L was the nomenclature used(2) what current rating should be use?
It is 2amp for 220volt version and 4amp for 110volt version. The rating of 1.25 amp and 2 amp indicated in the manual for Basx S10 appeards to be incorrect. I reproduce the reply for forum members as they may find it useful when their sub fuse blows by chance

"The fuse that ships in the unit is T4L (4 amps, slow-blow) for 115 volt sources. When you double the voltage, you cut the current needs in half, so the appropriate fuse will be half the size of the 115V fuse, which will be 2 amps. The slow-blow designation does not change, so the correct fuse code is T2L. If we recommend something smaller, our manual may need to be updated. If you cannot get the T2L fuse locally, you may need to order it through an electronics parts supplier, or eBay.'

I see you are on Emotiva forum. My handle is Raaga

The last time I had a similar issue(fuse change for my deftech), I got the fuse from an automobile spare parts shop. So go to the market in your city for the same and you should be able to get it.

is there any way to know whether it is slow blow fuse or fast acting fuse? I mean is there any marking in fuse available here? Is the automobile fuse slow acting one?

Last edited:
Actually, you can ask Emotiva to ship the same, ideally they should have done the same if they are shipping internationally.

Deftech actually did that for me.

Hi, how much did it cost after shipping and duty?

hello friends, just wanted your suggestions in choosing the right sub-woofer for my home theatre system for my budget around 30-35k

I am using Marantz SR 4002 Amplifier(have copied specs below for ref) and Paradigm CT90 5.1 satellite speakers

Have shortlisted below sub woofer which fits around my budget, need a tight punch/bass for listening to music and watching movies, pls suggest

1)Paradigm PDR100 Subwoofer
2)Velodyne Impact 12" Subwoofer
3)BIC America F12

AUDIO
  • Amplifier Output Details
    80 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08% - 7 channels (surround)
    105 Watt - 6 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08% - 7 channels (surround)
  • Response Bandwidth
    8 - 100000 Hz
  • Signal-To-Noise Ratio
    105 dB
AMPLIFIER
  • Input Channel Qty
  • Output Channel Qty
  • Output Power / Total
    560 Watt
  • Input Impedance
    47 Ohm
  • Input Sensitivity
    180 mV
AMPLIFIER OUTPUT DETAILS
  • Output Power / Channel
    105 Watt, 80 Watt
  • Output Impedance / Channel
    6 Ohm, 8 Ohm
  • Frequency Response
    20 - 20000 Hz
  • Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
    0.08 %
  • Channel Type
    surround
  • Channel Qty

you can also look at BIC PL200, many happy users for this model. I am using deftech supercube 3, which is very good for music. You need to audition and decide which is better for both music and movies

hello friends, just wanted your suggestions in choosing the right sub-woofer for my home theatre system for my budget around 30-35k

I am using Marantz SR 4002 Amplifier(have copied specs below for ref) and Paradigm CT90 5.1 satellite speakers

Have shortlisted below sub woofer which fits around my budget, need a tight punch/bass for listening to music and watching movies, pls suggest

1)Paradigm PDR100 Subwoofer
2)Velodyne Impact 12" Subwoofer
3)BIC America F12

AUDIO
  • Amplifier Output Details
    80 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08% - 7 channels (surround)
    105 Watt - 6 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08% - 7 channels (surround)
  • Response Bandwidth
    8 - 100000 Hz
  • Signal-To-Noise Ratio
    105 dB
AMPLIFIER
  • Input Channel Qty
  • Output Channel Qty
  • Output Power / Total
    560 Watt
  • Input Impedance
    47 Ohm
  • Input Sensitivity
    180 mV
AMPLIFIER OUTPUT DETAILS
  • Output Power / Channel
    105 Watt, 80 Watt
  • Output Impedance / Channel
    6 Ohm, 8 Ohm
  • Frequency Response
    20 - 20000 Hz
  • Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
    0.08 %
  • Channel Type
    surround
  • Channel Qty

Hi

Since you are based in Mumbai...lot of dealers to visit and choose the ideal sub...

MZ Audio - Bandra West - Check for Taga Subs
Hifi Mart (Anil) - Colaba
Sound Out - Shop no 12 Heera Panna
Pro Audio Home - New Mumbai (Vashi I guess) - BIC America subs
Fair Deal Electronics - Crawford Market & Santa Cruz west

I have been using PL200 for more than 3 months and I am very happy with its performance. It's a true value for money and packed with good specification.

You will have to spend more to get the same configuration from other brands.

Back