• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Sub-woofer SVS, B&W, REl etc

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

Vijay_s

As part of replacing entire HT system, I have replaced my front speakers and now looking for sub-woofer from following brands.

SVS
B & W
REL etc

I already used different models of wharfadale, Polk and Velodyne hence looking for brands that never used before.

Bangalore local pickup preferred

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

yogibear

Interested in a pair of Miller & Kreisel subs ? (M&K Sound, USA)

skdas

Had an experience of B&W ASW610 over 2.5Y , but frankly speaking it could not impressed my hole heartily . That time i was thinking for Velodyne as a better choice based on review for music . Presently satisfied with without sub & like my FS speaker only.

Vijay_s

Interested in a pair of Miller & Kreisel subs ? (M&K Sound, USA)

First priority is SVS, REL or B & W

Had an experience of B&W ASW610 over 2.5Y , but frankly speaking it could not impressed my hole heartily . That time i was thinking for Velodyne as a better choice based on review for music . Presently satisfied with without sub & like my FS speaker only.

Your experience restrict my choice between REL & SVS, may be I should add HSU :)

Many reviews and user experience all over net have only praise for B&W , now confused :confused:

elangoas

As part of replacing entire HT system, I have replaced my front speakers and now looking for sub-woofer from following brands.

SVS
B & W
REL etc

I already used different models of wharfadale, Polk and Velodyne hence looking for brands that never used before.

Bangalore local pickup preferred

Are you looking for single (or) dual subs ?

Vijay_s

Prefer to place a single sub in the corner than placing two black boxes in the living room. Mostly because of "constraints" from space perspective and
"family" perspective. :)

elangoas

Prefer to place a single sub in the corner than placing two black boxes in the living room. Mostly because of "constraints" from space perspective and "family" perspective. :)

If placement is a concern in a living room, there are some options you can consider.. Best would be on ether sides of your fronts near the room corner's..

Anyways it is your take..

Vijay_s

If placement is a concern in a living room, there are some options you can consider.. Best would be on ether sides of your fronts near the room corner's..

Anyways it is your take..

Hmmm.. lot of option for placement. But isn't it very expensive solution?
Imagine instead of SVS PB-2000 , two SVS PB-1000 will be more expensive.

Moreover take any subwoofer, indian price is almost double of international price.

By the way, I never thought of 2 sub system, thanks for igniting it.

elangoas

Hmmm.. lot of option for placement. But isn't it very expensive solution?
Imagine instead of SVS PB-2000 , two SVS PB-1000 will be more expensive.

Moreover take any subwoofer, indian price is almost double of international price.

By the way, I never thought of 2 sub system, thanks for igniting it.

Depends on your budget.. Yes, you are right..some brands are very expensive..

Here is a thread which i created to collect inputs for dual identical subs (If it might be of any help to you) - http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...oofers-budget-50k-max-suggestions-please.html

Vijay_s

Time to close this thread . Ordered SVS PB-1000 from Htstore. May be I can add another one in future in case the current one is not adequate.