Subwoofer Advice, Budget 22K

shankara.kris

Hi All,

I am looking forward to add an additional subwoofer to my Onkyo TX SR313 AV Receiver. Although it has only one pre-out, I have opted to use Y splitter cable (Male to Female) to connect dual subwoofer to my receiver.

I already own Onkyo HT528B Speaker package with subwoofer (SKW 501E)
It's an 8' inch subwoofer and can down 27hz at low frequency levels and am happy about it's performance. (almost 3 years)

As I would like to add another subwoofer, I would need your expert review in help me choosing them (many would have owned many brands and sharing your experience would definitely be helpful)

My options are below: (Budget 22k max)
1. Sonodyne Roarr 108 Priced at 21k - @Hifimart (understand they are going to be replaced with new line of series with revised prices soon)
2. Taga Harmony TSW 120 v.2 - 21700k - @Hifimart. Need reviews and guidance
3. Boston Acoustics ASW 250 - @Hifimart. Need reviews and guidance.

My usuage & preference - 80% TV & Movies and 20% Music.

Thanks and eagerly awaiting reply guys :)

Hi

Look at Taga TSW 90 or TSW120....Boston ASW 250 is also good but check its low frequency....also check Mission MS150......

Hi efernand1

Thank you for sharing your views.
As you said, my focus is more towards Taga TSW 120 v.2 because it is VFM at this price range with 10 ' inch driver powered by inbuilt amplifier. The frequency range also goes down to 28hz which is great feature to define positive hopes in the consumers minds.

As for the Boston Acoustics ASW 250 is concerned, the maximum low frequency it can offer is 35hz. We however see in their websites and online stores (inclusive of hifimart) stated as 28hz - I believe this is wrong and misleading.
I downloaded the spec brochure from Boston Acoustics site which says for ASW 250 the defined frequency level on the lowest side is 35hz.

Pls see attached screenshot that compares with ASW 650 (28hz).
Most likely, I will be picking up Taga TSW 120.v2 :)

Attachments

• ASW 650 and 250_spec.jpg
    ASW 650 and 250_spec.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 151
Hi

Good Choice.....

You can also look at SW10 which is smooth and compact with its rich looks...

@ Efernand - Thanks for the suggestion and would agree with you 100%.

SW 10 is slightly on the higher side in terms of price but it does keep expectations high just by looking at its specifications and by looking at the magnet attached to speaker, I can certainly tell it's qualified rival to SVS series.

Only constraint is price :)

Regards
Shankara

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back