Subwoofer AMP board is burnt. How to find suitable replacement?

There is a difference between Home subs and Car subs.....please review before buying.

The link I shared is of SVS which is branded well known globally. Its quality....end of the day it depends on your budget and how much bass you want to hear

thanks for your response..I purchased this today and will try it out on the weekend. Thanks for your kindness. warm wishes, rw
Great. Let us know how it performs. Its the cheapest solution so far. Seller has a confidence about this product as he even offered a full refund if not satisfied with power handling of this amp.

Great. Let us know how it performs. Its the cheapest solution so far. Seller has a confidence about this product as he even offered a full refund if not satisfied with power handling of this amp.
Hi - seller was good - Mr Sethi. He's making some good heavy kit. I removed the Amp and the PreAmp along with the back plate off of the subwoofer. Removed the doughnut coil transformer. Leaving just the 10 inch driver. Then I connected the 4D furnishings Amazon Amplifier to the driver and connected the 4D amp to my Harman Kardon AVR 240 woofer output. Tested it. Result is that the Subwoofer is working decently well and I am happy with the experience. FYI, I have a HKTS 11 5.1 system connected to a AVR 240 from Harman from 2005. It is working well for music, which is my primary requirement.
Post that, I got another Home Theatre receiver - a Harman AVR 3550 from 2002. Now I am looking for another set of 5.1 speakers that I can drive with it.
I appreciate and enjoy the Harman, clean sound.
Thanks for the help Spiro!

Hi - seller was good - Mr Sethi. He's making some good heavy kit. I removed the Amp and the PreAmp along with the back plate off of the subwoofer. Removed the doughnut coil transformer. Leaving just the 10 inch driver. Then I connected the 4D furnishings Amazon Amplifier to the driver and connected the 4D amp to my Harman Kardon AVR 240 woofer output. Tested it. Result is that the Subwoofer is working decently well and I am happy with the experience. FYI, I have a HKTS 11 5.1 system connected to a AVR 240 from Harman from 2005. It is working well for music, which is my primary requirement.
Post that, I got another Home Theatre receiver - a Harman AVR 3550 from 2002. Now I am looking for another set of 5.1 speakers that I can drive with it.
Congratulation. Do share pics of the amp and the Sub internals.

MaSh

Congratulations,
I would like to know if there is a difference in performance? Before and after? That is power out of new SW amp is enough to rock?

Congratulations,
I would like to know if there is a difference in performance? Before and after? That is power out of new SW amp is enough to rock?
Before I don't know.. since the unit was a hand me down. After the power is there enough to rock at 20,% of the bass dial and about the same of the frequency dial on the external amplifier.

Thanks spiro you really helped me with this recommendation

It has done 6 years, no SVS dealer in my city Udaipur. Officially replacing the Amp may just be not feasible also.
Do as I did. Remove the amp from the active Subwoofer, make it passive. Then buy the external 4D furnishers Amp from amazon or delhi and then connect to the subwoofer driver to make it active again.

I am in the same boat. One of my SVS SB2000 sub is not turning on. I opened it up yesterday, appears plate amp. is damaged. I disconnected the plate amp. I have some questions on trying to connect to an external amp:
1. There are 4 wires (2 blue and 2 brown) connected to the driver.
2. On the amp side - each blue and brown are terminated into a quick connect, so 2 quick connects, and connected to the amp board.
3. On the driver side only similar coloured wires, that is brown and blue are connected to the terminals.
My question, when I connect to an external amp, I have to form similar coloured wires into a pair right and connect to the amp. speaker +ve and -ve outputs? I wonder why they are mixed to the plate amp connector?
Also should I be worried that there is no EQ etc. being applied by this direct connection? I will be using my receiver cross over so only 80hz and below signals will travel to the sub amplifier.
Thanks,
Cheers,
Sid

Back