Subwoofer automatically turns off after 5 10 mins

msankadi

Hi

I have a Boston acoustics sound ware xs 5.1 speaker system and using the subwoofer that came with it.

A few months back the subwoofer had failed where it would just show red light and not power on. I had got it fixed in bangalore through Arun (I think that was his name)

Now recently the subwoofer had started acting weirdly again. It works for 5 10 mins and again switches off by itself. If I switch off and then switch on it starts working immediately but the same cycle repeats and it stops working in few mins.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Is it in Auto ON mode. If so keep that Off.
If still the issue is ther,then must be some loose connection in the motherboard. Get it checked

Is it in Auto ON mode. If so keep that Off.
If still the issue is ther,then must be some loose connection in the motherboard. Get it checked
I checked the back of the sub but I couldn't find any setting called auto mode. There is just a power switch and when the sun goes in standby the light turns red, when in use it turns green. The switch is in on position. Light turns green for first 5 10 mins when sub is switched on and it works fine. It turns red in a few mins and need to off on again to restore Power

At a loss here...I tried playing songs today for 2-3 hours and it worked perfectly...however last night it was showing this behavior

Yesterday morning was fine...night was not good...for the sub

Still experimenting to see what has gone wrong - Looks like it is a day/night cycle :p

At a loss here...I tried playing songs today for 2-3 hours and it worked perfectly...however last night it was showing this behavior

Yesterday morning was fine...night was not good...for the sub

Still experimenting to see what has gone wrong - Looks like it is a day/night cycle :p

Can you tell which subwoofer is this?

This could be with movies, when it senses no LFE signal for 2-3 minutes it might be going into standby mode.

When playing music the LFE is always passed on certain tracks.

Can you tell which subwoofer is this?

This could be with movies, when it senses no LFE signal for 2-3 minutes it might be going into standby mode.

When playing music the LFE is always passed on certain tracks.
I have a boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1 package and this came with it...I am not sure about other details of the subwoofer

The behavior so far all has been on music only. It does look like it is going into standby mode. I tried changing sources - Spotify via CC and Tidal via Jriver - When it happens it happens with both - When it doesn't it doesn't happen with both

My avr is yamaha 3072

It's better to get checked, both the AVR and sub.

My friend had a similar problem, due to electricity fluctuations and powercuts both AVR and Sub had problems. Sub was not getting activated.
He used to keep them on standby.

Did testing at my end wanted to make sure there is an issue before sending it... Turns out it was a power issue caused because of how I had the sub connected.

I had the power connected to an extension cord -> ups - >stabilizer

I removed the extension cord from this chain and connected directly to the ups and now the sub doesn't switch off on its own apart from actual standby... So. Glad that it is not a sub issue.. Learnt a new thing didn't know such a thing can happen because of an extension cord (gm)

Hi

I have a Boston acoustics sound ware xs 5.1 speaker system and using the subwoofer that came with it.

A few months back the subwoofer had failed where it would just show red light and not power on. I had got it fixed in bangalore through Arun (I think that was his name)

Now recently the subwoofer had started acting weirdly again. It works for 5 10 mins and again switches off by itself. If I switch off and then switch on it starts working immediately but the same cycle repeats and it stops working in few mins.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?
Hi

Could you please give contact details of the person who initially repaired?

Did testing at my end wanted to make sure there is an issue before sending it... Turns out it was a power issue caused because of how I had the sub connected.

I had the power connected to an extension cord -> ups - >stabilizer

I removed the extension cord from this chain and connected directly to the ups and now the sub doesn't switch off on its own apart from actual standby... So. Glad that it is not a sub issue.. Learnt a new thing didn't know such a thing can happen because of an extension cord (gm)
Glad you found the root cause. 👏. This happened to me once but it was a RCA cable issue. Cable was bad and it drops the signal which forces thesub to go standby.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back