Subwoofer Connections query

msaab90

Hi FM's,
Wanted to ask whether anybody has used high level and LFE connections simultaneouly on a SVS SB1000. My proposed chain: AVR front pre-out to Stereo amp power in ( stereo amp connected to speakers), AVR LFE out to Sub LFE in, Stereo amp high level to SVS high level in, DAC to stereo amp. This would allow me to use the stereo amp for music without changing any settings while excluding AVR from the music setup but would mean that during movie playback noth high level and lfe inputs are active. I know this is possible on REL subs but don't know about SVS. Afraid to try, unless somebody more knowledgeable can weigh in.
Thanks
Manish

Hi FM's,
Wanted to ask whether anybody has used high level and LFE connections simultaneouly on a SVS SB1000. My proposed chain: AVR front pre-out to Stereo amp power in ( stereo amp connected to speakers), AVR LFE out to Sub LFE in, Stereo amp high level to SVS high level in, DAC to stereo amp. This would allow me to use the stereo amp for music without changing any settings while excluding AVR from the music setup but would mean that during movie playback noth high level and lfe inputs are active. I know this is possible on REL subs but don't know about SVS. Afraid to try, unless somebody more knowledgeable can weigh in.
Thanks
Manish

Hi Manish,

How about addressing your query by emailing to SVS. I am sure they will resolve your doubts.

Regards,
Nitin

Hi FM's,
Thanks
Manish
Yes you might, but I would try to avoid since there is no switch. Does the rel have a switch to choose input?

MaSh

Yes you might, but I would try to avoid since there is no switch. Does the rel have a switch to choose input?

MaSh
No, REL uses both inputs simultaneously but provides independently adjustable crossovers for each connection.

No, REL uses both inputs simultaneously but provides independently adjustable crossovers for each connection.
Oh okay. Theoretically it should work in svs. I do see a lot of threads on it in various other forums. You may want to go through them.

MaSh

Hi FM's,
Thanks
Manish
During movie playback via AVR, both High level and LFE would be in use, unless the SVS has a mechanism to auto turn off the High-Level inputs when LFE is in use.
Best is to write to Ed Mullen of SVS, He's know to be active on online forums. If anyone can give you an accurate answer on SVS products, it's him.

Here's a response from him to a similar query

Here's a response from him to a similar query
Thanks Aeroash that link cleared up most of the the confusion. All the same I have posted query to SVS as suggested by you and other FM's.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back