Subwoofer drivers on sale at diycable.com-Including the Shiva

these are good drivers as per the research i did some time ago. i also remember them going for much cheaper, around 150-160 if i remember correctly.

Rajesh

The Shiva is a legendary high excursion driver that was introduced about 7-8 years ago by Adire Audio( now you know where the name Audire Audio came from!) of Seattle. It sold then for around 150 but the new model has a whole lot of upgrades so is pricier. AMong the best bangs for the buck available IMHO. AE Speakers drivers( $229 ( up) are more expensive but are probably the best that money can buy at this time.

Rajesh

The Shiva is a legendary high excursion driver that was introduced about 7-8 years ago by Adire Audio( now you know where the name Audire Audio came from!) of Seattle. It sold then for around 150 but the new model has a whole lot of upgrades so is pricier. AMong the best bangs for the buck available IMHO. AE Speakers drivers( $229 ( up) are more expensive but are probably the best that money can buy at this time.

Agreed. One of the most popular subwoofer driver.

To add a bit more. The Shiva was one of the drivers that was well suited for downfiring, without any sag in the surround, unlike some others. Adire Audio was founded by Dan Wiggins who was a true gentleman, esp to the DIY community, and when the business of making drivers when bust I think( i dont know for sure) the Shiva part of the business went to Kevin Haskins who now markets them. I have dealt with Kevin and found him to be always courteous and very helpful.

Another subwoofer driver mfr was Nick McKinney of Lambda who made outstanding drivers but also went bust.John Janowitz of AE Speakers took over his designs and now offers the Lambda range of premium subwoofer drivers, one of which I have in a dual passive radiator alignment.

are you ordering it GeorgeO? Maybe I can join a group buy but I am not yet able to convince myself on DIY. But I am assuming making a subwoofer can be less challenging.

are you ordering it GeorgeO? Maybe I can join a group buy but I am not yet able to convince myself on DIY. But I am assuming making a subwoofer can be less challenging.

Well i am not sure about that. My first DIY build was a subwoofer and i am not sure it's an easy build. Sizes are much larger, you need bracing etc. of course no crossover needed but you get ready-made crossovers for more speaker designs anyway.

But going DIY is tremendous value for money and I am pretty sure any decent DIY sub can knock the socks of any commercially available sub at even 3x the price of your DIY sub.

Here is a link to my thread..http://www.hifivision.com/diy/6672-my-diy-sub.html

GR Research 12" sub (two of them) and a SA-1 Plate amp for sale for 280$
1 sub and a plate amp for sale at 200$
check forums at audio circle.

great deal.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back