Subwoofer for RX V685

PravinJ

Hi ,

I have Sw100 subwoofer for RX V685 Yamaha AVR. I need to upgrade the subwoofer. What Should I do?

Add one more SW100 and make 5.2.2

or

Sell SW100 and buy SW300

How big is the listening area or hall?

What is lacking? Quality of bass or more bass (power)?

Adding a second SW100 will increase the volume of bass at same frequencies and will help to evenly distribute bass in the area......

Some would go in for a bigger sub SW 215 or SW 300 or SW 315....all depends on your budget.

Subs which can go closer or lower to 20hz are very ideal for movies and music....

Audition and decide

How big is the listening area or hall?

What is lacking? Quality of bass or more bass (power)?

Adding a second SW100 will increase the volume of bass at same frequencies and will help to evenly distribute bass in the area......

Some would go in for a bigger sub SW 215 or SW 300 or SW 315....all depends on your budget.

Subs which can go closer or lower to 20hz are very ideal for movies and music....

Audition and decide

I am using the setup in a 15 X 11 room. I feel the bass power is lacking. Budget is not a constraint. I need something to fill the room and not to be overkill at the same time.

Check with Volumate (Harwin) if he can allow you to borrow a sub for 2 days (same model) and you test it if it blends and meets your expectation.

If not then sell the existing one and go for a 10 or 12 inch.....

Check with Volumate (Harwin) if he can allow you to borrow a sub for 2 days (same model) and you test it if it blends and meets your expectation.

If not then sell the existing one and go for a 10 or 12 inch.....

Sure. Will try to borrow one.

I am using the setup in a 15 X 11 room. I feel the bass power is lacking. Budget is not a constraint. I need something to fill the room and not to be overkill at the same time.
If budget is not constraint it’s very easy. You have lot of good subs from reputed brands like bic, xtz, svs, rythmik and the list goes on

Suggest you suggest a model that fits the room size mentioned?
Well already dr_rocket and efernand suggested my top suggestions. Under 50k I always suggest bic pl200-ii should be available for 40k and there is also two pl200-ii available on the sale section which are used only few months and luck as it the seller is also in chennai . If willing to spend 65-75k you have the xtz10.17 and the 12.17.

What is the difference between pb1000 and sb1000

It is ported (pb1000) and sealed (sb1000) deign type of subs.

Depending on your listening area if with furniture or a dedicated HT room, one of these kinds of subs may work well for you.

Here is one of the many websites over Google which has type of subwoofer information.

I use the Read ported BIC America PL 200 series I in a normal room which has all the furniture and not dedicated room!

Some say ported works well only for movies and sealed works best for music.....this all can differ based on ones preferences and room type etc etc.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back