Subwoofer phase setting

katyayan

I bought JBL cinesystem500si recently. I want to know about subwoofer phase setting. Should i keep it in normal phase or reverse?

Hi

It all depends on what pleases your ears,,,also depends on room area if empty or with furniture...try both with the same kind of music and content...your trials will need to be at least for a week to understand which will suit better....sub placement also places an important part

As of now i am not able to tell the difference :p.
But as you mentioned i will do the trials and decide.
One more thing i wanted to ask. Should i let my AVR do the audio decoding or should i use my video player(i use pot player). Which is better and why? Thanks in advance.

Are you able to find the diff between normal or reverse phase settings in the subwoofer??
The AVR should be left to do the job of decoding, coz that one of the purpose of having an AVR.

I bought JBL cinesystem500si recently. I want to know about subwoofer phase setting. Should i keep it in normal phase or reverse?

This is something you will have to play with. Set it to what ever sounds tighter and cleaner to you. Time to bring home that friend who can sit near the sub while you sit in the best listening position. :eek:hyeah:

Are you able to find the diff between normal or reverse phase settings in the subwoofer??
The AVR should be left to do the job of decoding, coz that one of the purpose of having an AVR.

AVR will not set the Sub Woofer phase. This needs to be done by flicking the phase switch on the subwoofer.

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back