Subwoofer Pre out to Headphone Amp?

Rajkumars

Can subwoofer pre out be connected to the headphone amp ...... ? as i can hardly hear anything from the subwoofer .... i am planning to amplify the pre out

Denon X500BK AVR
Rythmik LV12F Subwoofer

Sub out to a headphone amp? Why would you do that? Amplify the signal and feed it to what? If you feel the sub is doing nothing then maybe you have not set it up right.

A sub out which is just low frequency from receiver to a headphone amp as of this point makes no sense at all to me.

MaSh

Can subwoofer pre out be connected to the headphone amp ...... ? as i can hardly hear anything from the subwoofer .... i am planning to amplify the pre out

Denon X500BK AVR
Rythmik LV12F Subwoofer
Omg! Looks like it is a frustrated post. Can you post this query in Denon owners thread too?
Also, please post your subwoofer settings of avr here too.
Does your sub or Avr has any input sensitivity switch like +4dbu/-10dbv?

the sub out on your avr will only produce LF and send the signal to the sub. If you are talking of a separate preouts from your avr, this can be amplified by using a separate powermamp if required. You need to clarify what you meant

Denon X500BK AVR
Rythmik LV12F Subwoofer
Also make sure the speakers are set to small but not large in the avr.

These are the backside of my AVR & Rythmik LV12F subwoofer ....

Connected from AVR's sub preout to Rythmik's LFE using Mediabridge ultra series subwoofer cable

AVR settings :

Subwoofer Level @ +6db
All speakers set to small
Subwoofer distance set @ 6.7m ( as there is slight increase in output )
Subwoofer mode : LFE + Mains

Subwoofer settings :

PEQ off
Volume @ 12'o clock

Attachments

• de_avrx500_e2_bk_re_bg001_hi.png
    de_avrx500_e2_bk_re_bg001_hi.png
    732.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20190322-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190322-WA0007.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Wondering why do you use 'y' cables.
Sub level at +6 db and subwoofer at 12'o clock is a level you can feel the sub, Imo. Something is wrong somewhere. Is there any output from the subwoofer at all?

Last edited:
Try lowering the levels of front and all other speakers keeping sub at max. If that also doesnt produce enough bass, then either
1- avrs sub out has some problem
2. Subwoofers amp is toasted
3. Your expectations are too high.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back