Subwoofer - Remote RCA Volume Control Knob

gururanga

I am using SVS SB2000 Sub, with my LS50 and Deviate 120.

My initial experience with a sub has been mixed, the sound was boomy, and the only way I could reduce that was by crossing over at rather lower frequency as suggested by different fourms, and mostly by turning down the volume of the sub to a level that you may wonder what have a sub at all.

With lot of patience and experiments with crossover, I used 2nd-order lowpass filter on the subwoofer set to 30 Hz. It is apparent that the total response is much smoother. The subwoofer now provides significant bass extension and blends in much better with the Speakers.

However there is one problem, with 30 Hz setting works for most songs on few bass heavy tracks, sub sounds still boomy, a little reduce in vol fixs it. But SVS SB2000 does not have remote.

I am loving LS50 with Sub, but unless Vol is set correctly as per each track, imaging of speakers gets messed up. I am planning to use Gain level Vol control between Amp and Sub

Generic Universal Car / Home Amplifier Bass RCA Gain Level Volume Control Knob: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

or

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01M6UMCD6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2JS8RQLR2HJU1

anyone used these earlier?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back