Subwoofer-Rythmik LVX12 versus FVX12 versus fvx 15 HP

Deblin

Hi fellow members,
I am now planning to add a subwoofer to my 3.0 system. Budget is around 90k to 1 lakh range. My room size is 26*11*10, but my listening area is across the breadth. So my sitting position is around 10 feet from my speakers with my sofa against the wall. The subwoofer will complement my audio vector QR1 bookshelf speakers. I use my system equally for movies and music.

Since I am staying in Jamshedpur, I don't have option to audition subs, especially under current situation. Hence my only source of information is going through multiple forums and feedback and information from you guys.

Based on my research I have shortlisted LVX12/FVX12 from rythmik and svs pb2000 pro.
Lvx and fvx is pretty same just difference in cone material. So does a metal cone (FVX12) justifies premium of 9k over paper cone (LVX12) by sounding better?
Also, how does svs pb2000 pro compares to rythmik, given my situation?
Rythmik fvx 15hp is additional 25 k. Do you think that I should even consider it, given my room dimension and sitting position or it would be an overkill?
My current set up is without subwoofers. So this would be my first subwoofer.
Thank you very much for your time.
Regards

Hi fellow members,
I am now planning to add a subwoofer to my 3.0 system. Budget is around 90k to 1 lakh range. My room size is 26*11*10, but my listening area is across the breadth. So my sitting position is around 10 feet from my speakers with my sofa against the wall. The subwoofer will complement my audio vector QR1 bookshelf speakers. I use my system equally for movies and music.

Since I am staying in Jamshedpur, I don't have option to audition subs, especially under current situation. Hence my only source of information is going through multiple forums and feedback and information from you guys.

Based on my research I have shortlisted LVX12/FVX12 from rythmik and svs pb2000 pro.
Lvx and fvx is pretty same just difference in cone material. So does a metal cone (FVX12) justifies premium of 9k over paper cone (LVX12) by sounding better?
Also, how does svs pb2000 pro compares to rythmik, given my situation?
Rythmik fvx 15hp is additional 25 k. Do you think that I should even consider it, given my room dimension and sitting position or it would be an overkill?
My current set up is without subwoofers. So this would be my first subwoofer.
Thank you very much for your time.
Regards
I think you have pretty much gathered the best in class models available in that range. And wishing you good luck in adding a sub which I'm sure will enhance the Music/HT experience by filling the bottom end. And to the question on cone, stiff + lightweight cones are usually preferred for the faster cone movement to frequencies. Manufacturers achieve this through various methods, and the choice of cone material is one of them. Various forms of paper have proven to be stiffer, and doesn't alter/color of original sound. Since subwoofers, typically make you feel than hear, i don't think the metal cone would alter anything or differ much apart from being stiff and light than the paper. One good way to find out is auditioning both A/B.
For subs, bigger is always better as long as the driver doesn't distort if more power is fed. So a 15incher is definitely a worthy buy if you are okay to invest. I believe no sub is an overkill, as long as you position and cross properly.

Hi,

Are you referring to FV15HP since am not sure if there is a FVX15HP. The price is in the below link & with taxes & logistics may touch Rs. 1,80,000/-. But this one is a highly respected sub. Its big & heavy.

Regards.
Thanks. I was referring to FV15 HP only. I forgot to add logistics and taxes. My bad. That makes it out of my reach.

I think you have pretty much gathered the best in class models available in that range. And wishing you good luck in adding a sub which I'm sure will enhance the Music/HT experience by filling the bottom end. And to the question on cone, stiff + lightweight cones are usually preferred for the faster cone movement to frequencies. Manufacturers achieve this through various methods, and the choice of cone material is one of them. Various forms of paper have proven to be stiffer, and doesn't alter/color of original sound. Since subwoofers, typically make you feel than hear, i don't think the metal cone would alter anything or differ much apart from being stiff and light than the paper. One good way to find out is auditioning both A/B.
For subs, bigger is always better as long as the driver doesn't distort if more power is fed. So a 15incher is definitely a worthy buy if you are okay to invest. I believe no sub is an overkill, as long as you position and cross properly.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
So in a sense, metal cone is preferable over paper cone..
I can't audition these brands in Jamshedpur. Given the situation, I can't travel as well. Else I would have loved to hear them before making final purchase. That's why I am totally dependent on reviews and suggestions.
So fv15hp being out of equation ( because of cost) I have to decide between rythmik FVX12 and svs pb2000 pro.

Thanks. I was referring to FV15 HP only. I forgot to add logistics and taxes. My bad. That makes it out of my reach.

Most welcome. There are some FM's who have the FVX12, you can check with them. If I am not mistaken FM Bhoot has it. You can PM him.

old post- for info to @
Deblin

Purchased new Subwoofer ,Rhythmik LV12F FROM Santosh prosonics ,Bangalore .It is really too much up gradation from existing sub .So It is excellent sub for movies and music,I don't know how to write for review because it is really sounding well.While watching AQUA-MAN SCENES sub shows its worth and during Fast and FURIOUS Hobbs and Shaw scenes It shows its Prowess .
I have decided to go for LV12F against LV12 is I think that, to avoid searching for that sweet spot in Living Room .
But I found LV12 is very tight bass and size is also small ,but I have selected LV12F for its size and build.(masculanity ;))
Thanks to Santosh for his patience, hospitality and helping nature.
Bangalore hifivision members who are interested can come and audition it and may be u can give me some guidance for further enhancing the my AV chain.

Attachments

old post- for info to @
Deblin

Purchased new Subwoofer ,Rhythmik LV12F FROM Santosh prosonics ,Bangalore .It is really too much up gradation from existing sub .So It is excellent sub for movies and music,I don't know how to write for review because it is really sounding well.While watching AQUA-MAN SCENES sub shows its worth and during Fast and FURIOUS Hobbs and Shaw scenes It shows its Prowess .
I have decided to go for LV12F against LV12 is I think that, to avoid searching for that sweet spot in Living Room .
But I found LV12 is very tight bass and size is also small ,but I have selected LV12F for its size and build.(masculanity ;))
Thanks to Santosh for his patience, hospitality and helping nature.
Bangalore hifivision members who are interested can come and audition it and may be u can give me some guidance for further enhancing the my AV chain.

Attachments
Thanks for re sharing the post :)

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
So in a sense, metal cone is preferable over paper cone..
I can't audition these brands in Jamshedpur. Given the situation, I can't travel as well. Else I would have loved to hear them before making final purchase. That's why I am totally dependent on reviews and suggestions.
So fv15hp being out of equation ( because of cost) I have to decide between rythmik FVX12 and svs pb2000 pro.

You may find happy owners with both the brands.

I think you should consider REL also. Absolutely musical and seamless integration.

Just close your eyes and go for either lvx12 or fvx12, Very negligible difference to your ears, Trust me I have listened both. And 9K premium for FVX12 is bcoz of the cone. Rythmiks are really good when it comes to all round performance of Music and Movies.

But TBH, PB 2000 Pro will kill it in Movies honestly... it is that good but when it comes to music I heard PB 2000 not as good as XTZ 12.17 Edge and LVX12. But I am not sure how good the PB 2000 Pro with their new SLEDGE amp.

I would suggest you to do demo and then decide but then I understand from the location that is not possible. So our suggestion is to go for the below order....

1. Rythmik LVX12
2. XTZ 12.17 Edge
3. Rythmik FVX12
4. PB 2000 Pro (Plz note, It has 5 Years Warranty)

The first 3 will easily come under 1 Lac. 4th one will be just over 1L

Good Luck with the hunt as I am also hunting on my 2nd Sub. :)

Svs is good for movies only . You also need to note that for svs to shine it needs proper room and calibration. But for rythmiks they are more adjustable. This is purely based on my experience as I had svs pb2000. Note that avenue sound / santosh can deliver the sub at ur place directly. So once u decide just place order. They have some discounts as well . You can proceed for more discounts if you do group buy as I saw some other fms were also looking for rythmik. Better to save something more.

Just close your eyes and go for either lvx12 or fvx12, Very negligible difference to your ears, Trust me I have listened both. And 9K premium for FVX12 is bcoz of the cone. Rythmiks are really good when it comes to all round performance of Music and Movies.

But TBH, PB 2000 Pro will kill it in Movies honestly... it is that good but when it comes to music I heard PB 2000 not as good as XTZ 12.17 Edge and LVX12. But I am not sure how good the PB 2000 Pro with their new SLEDGE amp.

I would suggest you to do demo and then decide but then I understand from the location that is not possible. So our suggestion is to go for the below order....

1. Rythmik LVX12
2. XTZ 12.17 Edge
3. Rythmik FVX12

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
As far as rythmik goes, avenue sound has hiked their prices. Can you suggest any place where I can expect to get them within a lakh

I think you should consider REL also. Absolutely musical and seamless integration.
Thanks.
Yeah REL was another brand I looked into. In fact for Rel dollar and INR prices are pretty close.
How are they for movies though?

Thanks.
Yeah REL was another brand I looked into. In fact for Rel dollar and INR prices are pretty close.
How are they for movies though?
Rel T-series subs are targeted towards stereo application and doesn't work well for HT. However REL offers HT series, that might fit. I have a REL T5i, the sub integration is easy but it can't pressurize medium or large rooms. Apart from easy integration and their synergy with most of the speakers, I don't think you should look at their T-series.

Svs is good for movies only . You also need to note that for svs to shine it needs proper room and calibration. But for rythmiks they are more adjustable. This is purely based on my experience as I had svs pb2000. Note that avenue sound / santosh can deliver the sub at ur place directly. So once u decide just place order. They have some discounts as well . You can proceed for more discounts if you do group buy as I saw some other fms were also looking for rythmik. Better to save something more.
Thanks.
Your feedback with regards to SVS will be really helpful

I have the SVS PC 2000. I am happy with the job it does for movies & music. If you don't mind the 34 inches height then it is easier to place & calibrate. The new PB/PC pro has the option of sealing the ports for music although a proper sealed sub may still sound better for music.
I have not heard the Rythmik but they are known to be musical subs. You may need to see if you prefer music or movies more & then take the step. If you get a chance to hear any of the subs, then pls do.

1. Rythmik LVX12
2. XTZ 12.17 Edge
3. Rythmik FVX12

Rythmik also has 5yr warranty,as per Avenue sound.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
As far as rythmik goes, avenue sound has hiked their prices. Can you suggest any place where I can expect to get them within a lakh

Check your PM Bro, I gave you his Number. For Rythmik Plz contact him. If you want we can do Bulk buying. :)

Rythmik also has 5yr warranty,as per Avenue sound.

Thats Good. But What I heard 3 years for Amp and woofer.

I am personally more inclined toward Rythmik L12s. A couple of those and 26*11 room isn't big enough.
Advantages L12 has....
1. Sealed, so good for music in first place.
2. Small profile, 14 inch cube. Room placement is not an issue.
3. Two subwoofers with proper placement will give you healthy SPL and more even bass distribution.
4. It has PEQ option. Twerking can give you good result with movies also.
5. Good bargain can bring price down to 1.2 lakhs for two of those.

Its only an option I am suggesting. Two small/medium size subwoofers are always better than a big one. You can ask about my suggested possibilities also if you wish.

Check your PM Bro, I gave you his Number. For Rythmik Plz contact him. If you want we can do Bulk buying. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back