Subwoofer selection SW150 or SW250?

Vijay_s

My current stereo setup is Norge 1000 Amp+ Wharfadele 9.1, now I would like to add a subwoofer for better punch.

I am confused between SW150 & SW250. Any recommendations ?

from what I undersand the sw150 atm is priced 21,000Rs.

If you have a profx near you you can get a polk audio ddw pro 500 for 22000.
Better VFM imo

Correction, they sell it for 17.5k.
21k is just the MRP.

I dont know who they is but the guy who sells wharf here in delhi, denny quoted me 20-21.

Can I use Polk along with wharf 9.1? does it give same performance as wharf?

The dsw pro 500 goes down to 23hz and is larger and 400 dynamic wattage

Sw 150 is 35hz and 150 wattage

from what I undersand the sw150 atm is priced 21,000Rs.

If you have a profx near you you can get a polk audio ddw pro 500 for 22000.
Better VFM imo

Hi corElement,
Keeping the price point aside, I guess Wharfe sub would match the sonic character of WD 9.1 better than Polk. In case you have auditioned Polk and Wharfe subs with 9.1, I would like to know if my guess is correct.

Regds,

Bought the subwoofer SW150 yesterday from Total Sound Banglr for 18K, I got a better deal from Vector but parking is big issue in that area, therefore opted for the offer from Total Sound.

Initially connected to Line out of Norge 1000(no woofer out) using DAC, but I didn't like this setusp as i have to control the woofer volume seperatly.
SW150 manuel says i have to connect Amp out to L/R channel directly and woofer should connect from Left/Right channel. But I connected Left/Right channel directly to woofer(L/R) and both speakers connected from woofer.

So far so good, let me know if you have a better idea to connect.

Norge has preouts & you can connect it to SW streo/pre in.
I heard similarly with Norge sub which was working better.
Dont add DAC.
What was lowest price you got @Vector?

Norge has preouts & you can connect it to SW streo/pre in.
I heard similarly with Norge sub which was working better.
Dont add DAC.
What was lowest price you got @Vector?

@Vector they almost agreed to 17.5 and asked me to be in shop for final decision.
by the way where is pre-out in Norge 1000? Can i control the volume from Amp if I connect pre-out? I could see only Line-out is it the one and same?

@Vector they almost agreed to 17.5 and asked me to be in shop for final decision.
by the way where is pre-out in Norge 1000? Can i control the volume from Amp if I connect pre-out? I could see only Line-out is it the one and same?

It is on back close to heatsink, check 2 RCA connectors on back which can be connected to Sub.
I am not sure abt vol control,but I think yes as when I listen that,there was no sudden Bass gain.

It is on back close to heatsink, check 2 RCA connectors on back which can be connected to Sub.
I am not sure abt vol control,but I think yes as when I listen that,there was no sudden Bass gain.

I tried this, but needs to control bass volume separately on sw150. It is not viable to control volume at 2 places. Any other suggestion would be welcome?

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back