Subwoofer survey

Take your pick

• Total voters

corElement

So I was wonderring,

Which do you guys prefer in a sub - given a perfect world scenario with no boom at under 40hz

SPL / air pressure changes that sends that wave through you vibrating your clothing
OR
Tight low frequency reproduction that only your ears can hear

you may also mention what sub you have and how much you bought it for if you so wish.

Last edited:
dont hv a sub yet. just bought denon 3310, lookng for a sub for around 60k that can shake my bones... please suggest ..thnks

you can try the hsu vtf3mk3, costs around 75k and is a 12" driver with about 350w amp I believe. DIY is the best option though.

Obviously the low frequency one .... earth shaking ones are meant for:

- young dudes who are learning the a, b, c of life
- who dream to tangle with you-know-whos

not understanding the basics of mankind, that the you-know-whos prefer experience to youth :D and NOT the other way around.

My music is with relatively low bass .... sub came with the moviestar speaker package, so dont have its price. Me thinks it is 150 W and powered stuff.

Also depends what you hear too ... other than Western / Indian classical vocals, I indulge in guitar, piano, saxophone, flute, sitar, sarod ..... etc etc. So, extra bass is generally looked down upon.

But, tell me, why would you require a separate sub .... 875s not giving the required ....?

So I was wonderring,

Which do you guys prefer in a sub - given a perfect world scenario with no boom at under 40hz

SPL / air pressure changes that sends that wave through you vibrating your clothing
OR
Tight low frequency reproduction that only your ears can hear

you may also mention what sub you have and how much you bought it for if you so wish.

I'm confused

Should the bass be SPL for movies and LFE for the music or which way it should be :confused:

I think I was a bit confused when I made this survey long ago..

Turns out true lf is actually a tactile sensation and not a tone which we hear lol. So more spl is actually possibly closed to real LF :p

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back