Suggest 2.1 speaker system for LED TV [budget upto 8k]...open to considering other sy

Games Goblin

Hi all

I am using a very old creative 5.1 sound system with my sony led tv. its connected to the tv through 3.5mm jack - the rear speakers are not placed at the rear - they are placed at the front along with the front speakers -- reason being I'll have to do concealed wiring for placing the speakers at the rear and I have been too lazy to do this all this time lolz

I have decided to move my old creative system to the 2nd TV in the house and get a new set of speakers for the LED TV. Budget in mind is around ?8,000

Now I was thinking of going for a great quality 2.1 system as I am not even utilizing the rear speakers. My primary requirement is clean sound quality when watching movies (when listening to dialogues etc), good punchy bass and un-distorted audio when listening to music

By reading through thinkdigit forums and google baba, I had these in mind:

Edifier C2 / Edfier C2 plus (what is difference b/w these 2?)
Edifier C2XD (also comes with optical input)
F&D A530U

any others to consider??

I like how the edifier speakers come with amplifiers and RCA inputs (good for connecting to tv)!

I'm open to sound-bars too, if they provide good output..

and should I consider another 5.1 system at this price range - one that might be worth for placing the rear speakers correctly

Thanks in advance for your inputs :)

Re: Suggest 2.1 speaker system for LED TV [budget upto 8k]...open to considering othe

from your choices, my pick would be C2 plus. don't know any real difference between C2 and C2 plus, but IDC is one thing that sets it apart from C2 (check for C3 too locally). something unique, worth checking out. also, plus seems to be a newer model.

if you happen to increase your budget in future, then seriously consider getting klipsch pro-media.

P.S. - since your primary requirement seems to be watching movies than listening to music, a 2.1 system makes sense, as atleast for me, watching a movie without a sub isn't a very fulfilling experience. had your requirement been just listening to music, an amp + 2.0 speakers-set, say from the likes of DNM, etc. would've made a little better sense.

also, at this budget, you won't get a very good 5.1 system i think. and since music-listening factors in your requirements, a 5.1 system won't do justice to music. a good 5.1 system should also have an AVR in the chain + it shouldn't be some dolby pro-logic II set (with an amp inside the sub, and only analog ports), while in the budget-category, we get only such 5.1 systems.

anyway, a feedback on C2 plus. you may contact the OP:

https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/my-edifier-is-here.134766/

Last edited:
Re: Suggest 2.1 speaker system for LED TV [budget upto 8k]...open to considering othe

Check the Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 2.1-Channel Digital Cinema Home Theater System,i have been using one with my LED TV.Very happy with the performance.You might need to up your budget to 12k for it though.

Thanks for the inputs guys! Really appreciate it!

Any opinion on Edifier C2XD? It's optical input looks tempting!

Check the Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 2.1-Channel Digital Cinema Home Theater System,i have been using one with my LED TV.Very happy with the performance.You might need to up your budget to 12k for it though.

Are they still available?Chroma seems to have run out.

Ok mates!! Pulled the trigger and ordered Edifier C2XD from snapdeal! :lol: total damages 6.5k! :eek: - never had a set of speakers with optical input before...so eager to try it!

Will update here when I receive the product!

Any ideas on a place to get good quality optical audio cable?

nice.
check from 'prolink'/'bandridge' on flipkart/amazon and elsewhere. any one of them should suffice; or, place a WTB request for one on the forum itself.

Hi Games Goblin,
You should definitely look at sound bars as one option, there are quite a few of them at very reasonable prices, some that have been impressive performers are ones from Philips, Sonodyne which give you the best VFM.

Did you bought C2XD? How is the sound quality? Will it fill a big hall?

Back