Suggest a budget 55" inch TV

sgajjala

Hi,
I am planning to buy 55 inch TV . Mainly I am looking for playing Movies and I have FireTV Stick so I can watch Youtube, Hotstar , Prime Video etc.
Suggest one in budget range

Better consider TCL (OEM manufacturer of iffalcon, Metz) instead. But after sales service support is very poor in TCL or iffalcon (customer service center number is common).

Better consider TCL (OEM manufacturer of iffalcon, Metz) instead. But after sales service support is very poor in TCL or iffalcon (customer service center number is common).
No, better to buy iffalcon which is a TCL company.
why pay extra for same tv for just TCL badging. Service guys are also same.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I finally bought Kodak 55 inch model new series 55CA0909 which is Android certified.
got setup 2 days back. looks to be fine now.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I finally bought Kodak 55 inch model new series 55CA0909 which is Android certified.

Any plans to write a review? It would be very helpful for others who are considering it.

It seems that sony launching few models on 20th this month according to Amazon advertising

Hi i also have a Kodak Android TV 55CA0909, i would like to know which equalizer would be appropriate to use with this model, tried some from google play but it didn't work.
Any help??

Regards.

Hi, im also thinking about buying this TV. Can you let me know if you are facing any sound issues which is reported in reviews. Also, is the TV slow in operation due to 1.75gb ? Wifi reconnection issues. Any screen issues like bleeding etc.

Hi, im also thinking about buying this TV. Can you let me know if you are facing any sound issues which is reported in reviews. Also, is the TV slow in operation due to 1.75gb ? Wifi reconnection issues. Any screen issues like bleeding etc.
Sound is still a problem in this TV. It doesn't feel like 30W speakers. If you can manage to connect soundbar I think that should be fine.
Everytime power goes and comes back, I need to disable WiFi and enable again. Though its irritating, now I used to it. So no issues for me.
I never felt TV is slow dueo to low RAM. All the apps like Hotstar, Prime, Zee5, Youtube opens without any lagging issues. I also side loaded Kodi and using it as a media player.

When I purchased, I listed down all the issues and sent mail to Customer care. there were multiple follow ups but nothing happened so far.
Recently I got android 9 updated with July security patches.
I am not sure how to check the screen bleeding .. Let me know how to do it so I can tell you.

Overall I am fine with all the above stated issues considering the price of the TV. My only unsolved issue with this TV is surround sound. I tried all the combos like HDMI(ARC), optical etc.. but nothing worked. So I decided to use FireTV stick with Kodi for my setup to get 5.1 Audio.
The HDD is connected to router so it can be accessed to both TV and fire stick.

Sound is still a problem in this TV. It doesn't feel like 30W speakers. If you can manage to connect soundbar I think that should be fine.
Everytime power goes and comes back, I need to disable WiFi and enable again. Though its irritating, now I used to it. So no issues for me.
I never felt TV is slow dueo to low RAM. All the apps like Hotstar, Prime, Zee5, Youtube opens without any lagging issues. I also side loaded Kodi and using it as a media player.

When I purchased, I listed down all the issues and sent mail to Customer care. there were multiple follow ups but nothing happened so far.
Recently I got android 9 updated with July security patches.
I am not sure how to check the screen bleeding .. Let me know how to do it so I can tell you.

Overall I am fine with all the above stated issues considering the price of the TV. My only unsolved issue with this TV is surround sound. I tried all the combos like HDMI(ARC), optical etc.. but nothing worked. So I decided to use FireTV stick with Kodi for my setup to get 5.1 Audio.
The HDD is connected to router so it can be accessed to both TV and fire stick.
Thanks for the reply.
I will use my existing soundbar.
I dont game so question on slowness was more for general day to day usage like opening youtube, playing 4k video etc. I plan to use ethernet port as my router is below the TV stand, so it should solve wifi reconnection issue.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back