Suggest a DVD Player with USB ?

halo13

Hi All,
I am relatively new in DVD player area. I want to buy a DVD player with following features:

1) USB drive support: Prio 1. Should be able to play all video files format like MP4, MKV, AVI, MP4, VOB etc using USB pen drive or external HDD. Also if other formats like MP3, JPG are available, its good.

2) Reasonable rate: My budget is around 2K.. lesser the better ;)
I already have one Sony DVD player, which is durable and good quality, but does not play above formats.

I wish to watch my movies (which are all on external HDD) on TV rather than on computer or laptop...

Any suggestions are most welcome :)

Thanks.
Nitu

CLOSE TO 2k dvd player with usb.. might not be a good deal.

2nd no dvd player can play mkv and most of them cannot play mp4 as well.

also few cannot read ntfs formatted drives..

The best thing to do would be to take a pen drive with various formats, both audio and video and see if the player will play them before purchasing.

A friend of mine wanted something similar and we could not find a player which would play video formats for under 2000/- in the shops that we visited.

Edit:

I have seen my friend connecting his Laptop to his Sony Bravia LCD TV to watch movies stored on the Laptop. You could also consider this as one of the options. (External HDD to Laptop and Laptop to TV)

Regards,

Sunil

Last edited:
There is nothing in this world like best at cheap my friend. You have to pay price for each added thing. Otherwise no one would go for costly players if quality was same with 2k players.

No dvd player can not play all formats you listed. If you already have branded dvd player, better search a media player available on the net or get a Sony BD player <10k which can play most of the HD through USB or use your PC/ laptop till prices come down.

Buy a Pioneer. Good sound quality and plays scratched discs as well. Has a USB and is good value for money. Trust me :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back