Suggest a turntable and phono preamp

m.sunil

Hello everybody,
I am new here. Joined recently. At present I have a Dayton Audio DTA-1 (class-T) amp with a pair of Dayton Audio B652 bookshelf speakers: frequency 70Hz-20Khz, impedance :8 ohms with recommended amp power of 5 to 40 watts, both purchased from Dayton Audio online.
Now I intend to buy a turntable and a separate phono preamp which can be connected/compatible with my present setup if possible with an option of digital / usb out to the phono preamp. Kindly suggest -

i) entry level turntable
ii) phono pre-amp
with excellent audio quality.
iii) should I need to purchase a pre-amp for tone control?
iv) should I purchase an integrated amp instead of using present DTA-1 amp?

My budget is around 1 lac for the entire set up.

Thanks in advance.
-Sunil

Hello everybody,
I am new here. Joined recently. At present I have a Dayton Audio DTA-1 (class-T) amp with a pair of Dayton Audio B652 bookshelf speakers: frequency 70Hz-20Khz, impedance :8 ohms with recommended amp power of 5 to 40 watts, both purchased from Dayton Audio online.
Now I intend to buy a turntable and a separate phono preamp which can be connected/compatible with my present setup if possible with an option of digital / usb out to the phono preamp. Kindly suggest -

i) entry level turntable
ii) phono pre-amp
with excellent audio quality.
iii) should I need to purchase a pre-amp for tone control?
iv) should I purchase an integrated amp instead of using present DTA-1 amp?

My budget is around 1 lac for the entire set up.

Thanks in advance.
-Sunil

I can provide you with some entry level turntables

now my suggestion

Heard good things about Dyton audio - but again a source costing 1 L --- no then amp will be letdown

most of the USB turntables are newer - low end and crap

with most of the turntables you need phono pre - definatly with dyton

- do you have any past expereince of turntable ? how many records you have ?

I am assuming you have no expereince - o records
- so why spend so much ? fry try a "soft entry" with low cost vintage turntable and some records - also hear a good no of setups and then upgrade - suggesting as it is expensive , time consuming hobby requiring attention and devotion ... so first sample - then go

again what type of music you listen - have you check records availability - what budget you allocated for software ( records ]? right now prices are skyrocketing and you may have to spend considerable amount

contact me have some TTs ( mostly vintage garrards } for sale

Thanks hemant,
You are right, I am new for turntables. In the past I used to listen to old hindi songs on a COSMIC turntable-amp-speakers set up at my native owned by a cassett copying centre. The audio quality was excellent.

I tried some hi-defination mp3 from ovi and some samples from itunes on my Dayton DTA-1 setup directly from my laptop through AIMP3 it sounds good but could not get the quality of COSMIC that i remember. (i think i also need a DAC for the playing 44100/256 mp3s)

From the recent searches on net, I find that the quality of COSMIC was due to the vinyls only, hence, now i intend to go for vinyls. For a start I ordered some LPs from Rhythm House but could not decide which turntable to purchase viz. project essential, project carbon debut with ortofon 2m red cartridge and compatible phono stage from project or go for marantz which has been advised by a dealer at Pune.

As regards availability of records I could not find a dealer having much new vinyls of old hindi songs. whatever is there is used-one.

Can you mail me some estimates from your stock of vintage. Whether their parts are available, in case, needed?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back