Suggest Banana Plugs

abhishekdas

I got Marantz NR1710, Dali Oberon 5, Dali Oberon Vokal and Dali Alteco C1. I need good quality Banana Plugs for my setup (both ends).

Can you suggest some good gold plated Banana Plugs which can fit perfectly to my AVR and speakers? Direct links to any of the online shops will be appreciated.

If you want to go insane then there is no limit to which plugs you get. However upto sane levels, Amazon basics are quite good.

MaSh

Having used monoprice and nakamichi, i prefer nakamichi because of a more secured fit. Monoprice build quality is good, but the connection is not secured.

But overall, both are equally good.

If you want to go insane then there is no limit to which plugs you get. However upto sane levels, Amazon basics are quite good.

MaSh
I heard that they don't fit properly to every systems and tend to run loose. Saw few bad reviews on Amazon.com and Amazon.in

I heard that they don't fit properly to every systems and tend to run loose. Saw few bad reviews on Amazon.com and Amazon.in
Oh is it? The box i got were amazing. Few other FM's who are using them also have no issues with fitting. But yeh better to check first.

MaSh

Sewell direct deadbolt and direct silverback are very good in performance. Little expensive but great build quality and very firm fit. Doesn't add anything from self.

Having used monoprice and nakamichi, i prefer nakamichi because of a more secured fit. Monoprice build quality is good, but the connection is not secured.

But overall, both are equally good.
Nakamachi which l got turns sound little bright and monoprice on warmer side when compared to same bare speaker wire connection.

Are you planning to frequently move your gear around? If not why not bare wire connections? Personally I would get Media Bridge / Sewell (very short lengths - ideal for cramped shelf space). Too many Nakamichi fakes around. MX is also good. As they say 'whatever floats your boat". I had bare wire connections on my Dali & Yamaha 5.1 setup.

Edit: As a minimum ensure the BP specs mention 4mm, which is pretty much the standard size for mass-market products.

The only gripe I have with Nakamichi plugs is that the opening at the back is too big. Thinner wires tend to look very bad in that gap. Other plugs have a tapered finish at the back which kind of hugs the wire and gives an integral look.

The only gripe I have with Nakamichi plugs is that the opening at the back is too big. Thinner wires tend to look very bad in that gap. Other plugs have a tapered finish at the back which kind of hugs the wire and gives an integral look.
I have been using it too..
I feel the same. Noticeable gap between wires and plugs.

I have been using it too..
I feel the same. Noticeable gap between wires and plugs.

Try using heat shrinks to cover up. Will prevent oxidation too of the wire.

MaSh

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back