suggest best worth to buy 3d tv from lg,samsung ,sony

suri.log

I am planning to buy new tv and after lot of reviews and demos I got confused with passive and active glasses which one to choose . Any wayz from lot of reviews i found both have their own pros and cons.. it is up to us to decide based on our reqs,even then i want suggestions in choosing correct choice from these options. Want tp here some words from possessors.

Requirement is generic so using with STB all the time .and 10-20% of 3d content
I am sure many people have some confusion on these models since it is been long time those had got released and also prices are got modified now and more reviews has comeup.
sony hx 750 or 850
LG 6700 or lg 7600
samsung 6220 or 6200

Please suggest and also share the contacts for getting discounted prices on these tvs in Bangalore

Thaks
Suri

Select the TV purely for video quality and not for 3D, smart features, internet, etc.

- Sony will be releasing new models for 2013 soon. Maybe in April-May.
- Passive 3D is better/comfortable to the eyes than active 3D.

If you will spend good amount of time with 3D then better go for LG models, they come with passive 3D.

Otherwise get the Sony HX750 or HX 850(850 is hard to find now in the showrooms) but honestly even 750 will be good for your STB TV usage.

I have HX750 and it is excellent for HD and good for SD channels. 3D is also very good, but the active glasses will cause eye fatigue quickly. Also the glasses are not comfortable to wear. I found LGs passive 3D to be much better and less eye straining.

I have HX750 and it is excellent for HD and good for SD channels. 3D is also very good, but the active glasses will cause eye fatigue quickly. Also the glasses are not comfortable to wear. I found LGs passive 3D to be much better and less eye straining.

people are saying ..viewing angle for passive glasses is limited ,we have to watch vertically and we will loose the effect once if we change our viewing angle.so will this disturbance not be there in active glasses

Actually the HX750 eye fatigue issue seems to vary from person to person. I am not much affected but my parents can feel it. But yes the 3D and HD and SD on HX750 is very good.

people are saying ..viewing angle for passive glasses is limited ,we have to watch vertically and we will loose the effect once if we change our viewing angle.so will this disturbance not be there in active glasses

I was reading a review of an LG model in whathifi.com.
The review first praises the passive 3d approach taken by LG and its merits over active 3d.
Then it throws a bombshell!!
Passive 3d may result in resolution loss.:mad:
So you watch a full hd 3d bluray on LG passive 3d set and you wont get to see the full 1080p?????. Whats the point in buying a bluray?
Anyways, with my past experience, I found LG sets not resolving the full hd image when compared to Samsung/Sony, for 2d image also. So, big deal.
Little loss of resolution in 3d should not matter.:eek:hyeah:
Anyways...LG has already found the patronage of thousands of users singing the LG national anthem...."passive 3d, cheap glasses.......passive 3d, light weight glasses............."

i think its all going to change as sony is also going the passive way with its W802A model which would replace existing hx750 my advice would for u to wait as what matters most is 2d picture quality n sony is way better dan lg any day

This is not the case with LG 3D LED's. The 3D can be viewed in any angle and the 3D image would follow you. As to me I've compared and demoed Samsung, Sony but for 3D LG seems to be best. Others may differ but it is my opinion.

Not true. Just as quoted by mathan, passive 3D is indeed watchable from greater angles. In fact, that is the exact problem with active 3D. Passive 3D can be watched in any angle, head tilted or even you doing a shirsasan.

The review first praises the passive 3d approach taken by LG and its merits over active 3d.
So you watch a full hd 3d bluray on LG passive 3d set and you wont get to see the full 1080p?????. Whats the point in buying a bluray?
Anyways, with my past experience, I found LG sets not resolving the full hd image when compared to Samsung/Sony, for 2d image also. So, big deal.
Anyways...LG has already found the patronage of thousands of users singing the LG national anthem...."passive 3d, cheap glasses.......passive 3d, light weight glasses............."
This is half true. Polarized or passive 3D displays 540p image to each eye - so half resolution is true in one sense. But at the same time the other eye is receiving the other 540p image, at the same time, at the same instance. Hence the brain sees the complete 1080p image. Thus the image is stable. If you were to watch with only one eye, then yes, you will get a half resolution but completely steady image.

In active 3D, both eyes see a different 1080p image at rapid alternating sequence controlled by the 3D active shutter glasses. One eye is shown one image while the other eye is shown nothing and next instance vice versa. It is the persistence of vision which makes you think that you are seeing one single stable image, but which in fact it is not. If you close one eye, you will probably see the blinking image at full resolution.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I have been hearing this statement that "LG 3d is better than sony/samsung/panasonic plasmas."
One needs to be more specific w.r.t what aspect of the 3d picture is actually better.
My ST50 stuns me with its depth of 3d image.
Motion is rock solid.
The image is thicker and gives a more sense of realism than HX850.
Colors add to the realism.
But HX850 serves up a bright(characteristic of LED) image with razor sharp edges.
The problem with LEDs is that they produce sometimes unrealistically sharp images.

I have been hearing this statement that "LG 3d is better than sony/samsung/panasonic plasmas."
One needs to be more specific w.r.t what aspect of the 3d picture is actually better.
My ST50 stuns me with its depth of 3d image.
Motion is rock solid.
The image is thicker and gives a more sense of realism than HX850.
Colors add to the realism.
But HX850 serves up a bright(characteristic of LED) image with razor sharp edges.
The problem with LEDs is that they produce sometimes unrealistically sharp images.

Believe me when I say that passive 3D is better. It is very comfortable to the eyes and you get the same depth as active 3D. I have seen it at a friend's place and after 30 minutes there was no fatigue. For those who don't feel the bad effects of active 3D, one could go either way. But otherwise, the whole enjoyment of 3D is lost because your body is not accepting the thrill. No point riding the roller coaster if you feel giddy. As far as I am concerned, I don't enjoy 3D that much, i.e., I am not a fan.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

same problem confused between Lg 554M6700 and samsung55ES6200 Sony not seen the demo,the show room says that the Lg is better because of the cost factor(750 for a pair of 3d glasses) and the passive 3d glasses(less than 40g) pls advice
which one to buy, i liked the built quality of both the Tvs,features are nearly the same, not sure of the internet ,picture quality was too bright in both the Tvs so the true colors where not visible
pls user advice

Forget the glasses cost factor. Glasses are not something that are like consumables - required over and over again. Think of PQ and how much 3D you are going to watch. If 3D is your mainstay, then passive 3D will be better in the long run. Otherwise, demo all models and choose the TV with best PQ. Not saying that LG is better or worse. At every price point, there will be some manufacturer/model that will come on the top.

Not true at all as quoted by mathan. In fact, that is the exact problem with active 3D. Passive 3D can be watched in any angle, head tilted or even you doing a shirsasan.

I mentioned about the Passive 3D that can be watched in any angle not the active 3D.

Not true at all as quoted by mathan. In fact, that is the exact problem with active 3D. Passive 3D can be watched in any angle, head tilted or even you doing a shirsasan.

I mentioned about the Passive 3D that can be watched in any angle not the active 3D.
I am sorry. I realize that my comment did not come out meaning correct. I am agreeing with you. Passive 3D can be watched from greater angles than active 3D.

p/s. I have corrected my earlier post.

Talking about passive 3D TV resolution loss, Displaymate is of the opinion that it is a misconception. The FPR screen of passive 3D does split the vertical resolution in half - but those two images combine back in the brain to give a full image. I think most people are misled by those pictures of magnified TV screen that show split lines - I don't think anyone watches TV that way! Also, the way a 3D image is resolved, the vertical resolution does NOT matter - only the horizontal resolution matters.

lg offers passive technology with lightweight 3d glasses and the most important thing is whether 3d effects are good enough or not is all depend upon the type of content you are watching and the perception of the user. In lg there are number of models available at a budget price which can give you good performance with slim design and smart tv functionality. On the other hand sony bravia smart tv models have exceptional picture quality but the only thing which is distracting is the text feature which is too small to read. I mean for normal viewing distance it is not that much comfortable.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back